Sign in to follow this  
Lazz

Voip Phones

Was wondering if any of you have any experience with voip phones and if so what provider did you go with, was hoping you could advertise a landline number but obviously get everything diverted to you mobile and would the customer know this, as a number of years ago i had call divert with BT but the customer used to get a message to say the call was being diverted?

Hi Lazz, we use Overline. Very nice bunch of people. Get an ap on your mobiles so you can receive and make calls as if you’re in the office etc. Decent set of office handsets and you only need one phone line but can still receive multiple calls/use the card machine etc. 

Customer doesn’t know anything it just rings the office and your mobile at the same time. 

• Like 1

I have VOIP with BT and as NOA says, it is brilliant - make and receive calls using a virtual landline from my mobile.

After hours, I still have my mobile for personal use but the business caller only gets to the out of hours voicemail, which if they leave a message I return the call during sensible hours, stops screamers ruining your Friday night. Great for differentiating between business and social calls.

Edited by Mark101
  • Like 1

Do you use a non geographical number or a local number and are the call costs expensive for this type of system?

It’s just your current landline number. In our case a local one that we’ve had for donkeys

Peanuts. 

Edited by NOACROSS

You get a choice of numbers.  I went for a local area code and one that was fairly easy to remember.

Cost is negligable