Nicoletta

What to do

4 minutes ago, C B said:

Still not convinced.

Well I'm not taking the bloody thing apart to convince you any more :D

I think the best way forward and to put this does the dipstick go through the guides matter to bed would be for you guys to satisfy your curiosity and go do me and independent inspection of the car - two birds one stone :P

Another thing though finally got in touch with the garage today, refused to answer directly if the dipstick is broken or just can’t be reinserted and if after this issue they started the engine to move the car....refused to answer the bloody question I writing. We all know what that means eh

Edited by Nicoletta
Autocorrect

11 hours ago, C B said:

what a fucking stupid idea!!!

Oi, I said that :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've had a similar experience with my Mum's piece of shit low mileage Mini Cooper. I take it your has the Peugeot engine? If so he dipstick 100% goes through the chain guide.

My Mum's car used to drink oil like it was going out of fashion. At least a litre every 500 miles. I was forever checking oil and topping up. One day she came in I pulled the dipstick (which is actually metal so nearly impossible to break in the tube). Topped it up and pushed the dipstick back in. But the dipstick would only go half way. After half an hour of messing about I gave up. Tried to start it but the chain was rattling it tits off.

I had it trailered to a mates workshop. When they stripped it down they found the chain guide had snapped on the bend where the dipstick passes through. I got the blame for being too forceful with the dipstick! Thankfully the chain had not jumped. New chain guides etc it was fine.

A month later the HPFP went. She got rid after that.

Never touched a Mini since

I would hazzard a guess this is what has happened to your Mini. But if the garage have run it most likely the chain will have jumped.

First thing to check when you get to inspect it...does the dipstick go in and out ok