DelRoy

Mold, mold, mold

So as everybody knows that everyone in the trade suffers from mold at this time of the year, even if a car has not been valeted with a wet vac, even if your car is bone dry and leak free mold tends to be a major problem at this time of of the year. Does anyone have any good tips or a product which can be placed in each car to eradicate mold completely?

Anti bacterial wipes on hand for short notice test drive appointments. Unwinding the seat belts and wrapping them extended over the handbrake/front headrests/wherever helps. 

After each valet, regardless how wet - dehumidifier goes in for 24 hours.  Cars are inside which is a great benefit.

No one has said it as probably too obvious (and I know some think it’s silly) but old-school people like us open the tailgates most days. Helps to show some life /that you’re open too. 

I also leave a back window open slightly the first day a car comes back from the valeter. I forgot to do this on a Prius over Xmas break, and now it’s growing yogurt inside.