Sign in to follow this  
Mark101

A Bad Day

Long story but I need to share yesterday’s events.

Regulars will recall that I have taken my Dad’s Disco 3 in PX against a BMW 1 Series.

Having bought him the Disco about 5-6 years ago, I knew I would struggle meeting his expectations of a new smaller, more economical car vs. The comfort of the Disco HSE.

When I say no expense spared, I have done everything to this BM ready for him to receive on Saturday.  New MOT, New Full Service, New Towbar, New Streaming Parrot Kit, New and Boxed Tom Tom, Taxed - ready to go.

I travel home in the car on Friday night and the next morning, the wife, me and the dog set off for North Wales.  I get about half way and suddenly, that doesn’t feel right - I pull over and it feels like it’s thrown a DMF.

I call my Dad to explain and that I will go back to the unit in Worcester and loan him my Citroen DS3 for a week whilst I get the DMF replaced providing he will ensure it - he does.

I drive to the unit, dig out the DS3, swap all the stuff between the cars, refuel and start again.  (Time is now 1.30pm, we were due at their house at 12.00pm). My Mrs drives because I am pissed off, I say let’s go a different way because I am so fed up with this same road and I am sure we can cut a corner - blind lanes for 30 miles but eventually end up back on the same A5 road heading towards North Wales - Nikki says this car drives so nicely (it does/did) get within 35 miles of their home (almost exactly the same location as the BM) - car goes into limp mode - engine fault, traction control - max revs 2,000 and rough.

I didn’t think to bring my reader but decided (as we are closer to their new house to ours) to limp it to Dads and then call AA for a diog (don’t have relay). Most stressful shitty limp along dual carriageways for 35 miles ever.  Get within 3 miles and spot a sales pitch - I ask the guy if you could help a fellow trader and lend me a code reader just to see if I could reset the fault and at least know that it is nothing serious and whether it would drive back etc.

The result - it has thrown number 3 injector.

I now have a Disco, a broken BM in Worcester needing DMF and a broken DS3 in North Wales needing transporting.

What are the chances.