Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

Best background colour for exterior photo's ?

9 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

I'd normally say outside photos but tbh there I'd say your inside one is a lot better, the car looks better down its sides as well.

+1. Oddly enough I normally prefer outdoor photos but I think AD is fortunate in that the lighting in his unit is about spot on.

Can you add the same text to the outside picture?  It makes a difference.

13 minutes ago, tradex said:

And use 'Avant Guarde' font.... ;)

Just looked, I don’t have it....

14 minutes ago, MSP Motors said:

The indoor Picture looks much sharper.

Agreed, but without the text

You should consider getting a logo. 

You'll find someone on Fiverr, who will design you one for a Fiver

Use you business card logo Simon, rather than just typing Transparency Cars - your cards look nice.

I have to say, the indoor pics do more for the car but I really like your outdoor backdrop.

Compromise - nice flooring in unit and a small tree in a tub in the corner of the unit (please)

10 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Use you business card logo Simon, rather than just typing Transparency Cars - your cards look nice.

I have to say, the indoor pics do more for the car but I really like your outdoor backdrop.

Compromise - nice flooring in unit and a small tree in a tub in the corner of the unit (please)

The thing is when its scaled up it looks crap.... also I have no idea how to add a logo to a picture. I'm not that computer savvy... Re the light being good, it cost me £2400 to get really good lighting fitted.... Anyway ive been re-photoing and sort of got to about here....

s-l1600.jpg

That indoors shot looks really crisp Simon. For the type of stuff you're selling I think it works really well, shiny, Germanic, clean.

Have you considered painting a big logo on the wall or using an overlay for your shots?

Our photos are crap but an overlay really tidies them up and makes them stand out well on AT & eBay listings when people are scrolling.

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Grant i have no idea what overlay is.......

Yeah you do, you just don't know it.

"Transparency Cars" and "watch the video you cunt" are overlays. Overlaying the photo with text 

10 minutes ago, EPV said:

"Transparency Cars" and "watch the video you cunt" are overlays. Overlaying the photo with text 

You are right, but you forgot my usual responses...ignorant,uneducated, moronic, cretinous, stupid, pond life, bottom feeder, twat..... I don't use the C word its Germanic..... 

1 minute ago, Arfur Dealy said:

You are right, but you forgot my usual responses...ignorant,uneducated, moronic, cretinous, stupid, pond life, bottom feeder, twat..... I don't use the C word its Germanic..... 

Alright, ze kunt then...

37 minutes ago, EPV said:

This.

Just templated text or an image that goes over the photo each time. Clickdealer have a really nice overlay tool on the image uploader. I haven't used cd5 in a couple of years but they might have it...if not ask them to produce one. Pretty sure it's simple to do for techy wizards and it would be a good selling point for their platform.

( I could be wrong, maybe it's a big thing to implement, I know nothing about computers)

Indoors looks really smart Simon, particularly with the car sitting offset from just head on as in the last picture posted. 

I agree about a logo, it would add another layer of professionalism to your presentation. I've never seen your business card so can't comment but if you are already using it, add it. Should be as simple as opening your car picture in Microsoft paint and cutting and cropping your business card logo into it. 

(that's how I do it, probably wrong but it works for me) 

Maybe start just by painting the floor grey and see then if you need to add a fancy flooring. However I like the idea of painting or printing a backdrop, there is an import dealer up north who has something very effective for theirs:

Screenshot_20180705-215351.jpg

10 hours ago, Linctrader said:

Should be as simple as opening your car picture in Microsoft paint and cutting and cropping your business card logo into it. 

Exactly what I do too.

Open your first image in Paint, then open your copped business card in Paint - copy and paste business card onto image and resize/position.