Sign in to follow this  
Steviek

New to the buying and selling

Hi folks I have been in the car trade ie bodyshop and valeting for 25 years , and from time to time I get offered nice down in the money cars that I could prep and re sell . But I am not sure what way this would work with regards to what way the seller fills in the reg document , and what happens with the fact that the car will need taxed therefore putting another owner on the car . Any advice would be great thanks in advance .

You would just fill in the yellow motor trade slip so that it is assigned to you without putting another owner on the car. When it is sold, fill in the complete reg. document with the new keepers details and send it away, keeping the green new keepers supplement. You can use the reference number on the new keepers slip to tax the car online by selecting the new keeper option. Remember whilst it is un taxed it is not to be kept on the road. If you were to keep it on the road, you would have to register yourself as the new keeper and tax it yourself, making sure it is MOT'd and insured.