Sign in to follow this  
Grantlfc81

audi TT mk2 bose SUB

not sure if this is a common fault

Concert stereo installed

Audi tt bose sub sounds extremely quiet like its barely working. does anyone have any experience with this? is it a common fault

Regards

Grant

Aye seen a load of them water ingress into the amp in the boot, we use fixmyradio.com 2-3 days turn around cost about £75-150 local beer vouchers

Just now, justina3 said:

Aye seen a load of them water ingress into the amp in the boot, we use fixmyradio.com 2-3 days turn around cost about £75-150 local beer vouchers

oh dear lol

was hoping for something rather cheaper :)

will check next time before i take in a part ex lol

You could check if they have had a aftermarket bluetooth phone kit fitted and not plugged everything back in when removing seen that a few times thats free if thats your problem.

ive removed the amp now. no signs of water or damp at all.

ok so yeah, water looks like it has visited. trying to clean it all up now.... looks like its a gonna though

19 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

ive removed the amp now. no signs of water or damp at all.

ok so yeah, water looks like it has visited. trying to clean it all up now.... looks like its a gonna though

I am confused no signs of water then looks like water has visited which one is it ? what year is the car some of them you can get exchange some are fiber optic and are a nightmare to source

yes it didnt look like any had been in there. then i saw a small rust patch on the corner of the PCB, so i have taken it apart and cleaned it up. cars just having a smart repair at present then its going back in, but i fear for the worst. ive work with boilers and PCB's all my life to pretty much fearing the worst for this now.

its a 56/07

i cant even find a spare on EBAY.

Edited by Grantlfc81

Jump on VW world you might be lucky as some of these vw fruit loops upgrade them for what ever reason bought one there a few years back for decent money.

14 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

we have bass! its much better than it was :) its passable now.....

result well done that man