MyPalAl

Card Machine Supplier

Hi all,

I have been with Barclaycard for my card machine, taking debit and credit card payments, for 12 years, and recently received a letter saying all their charges are changing. The reason I have stayed with them for so long is that I bank with Barclays, and their payments hit my bank in 2 working days rather than what I believe to be the normal 3 days.

Question is, do any other card providers offer 2 day payment? Cash flow is important so I would rather pay a little bit more to have the comfort of the 1 day quicker payment, but Barclaycard predict I will be paying £35 a month more with their charges.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks.

I am also in the same predicament banking with Barclays. Having a good bank holiday sale can something's mean we don't get our money until Wednesday / Thursday! Seems we pay alot for our machine and services so I can't understand why it takes so long to hit our bank when they have the money instantly.

Currently having a look at our provides to see if there is a next day service.

I use iZettle and payments take about a week in total (to clear your account, whatever they tell you) but there is no contract and they charge 1.75%.  Fantastic little bit of kit to be fair and no monthly subs.  I don't mind waiting for the money, providing I know it is coming.

On 6/20/2018 at 8:58 AM, Mark101 said:

I use iZettle and payments take about a week in total (to clear your account, whatever they tell you) but there is no contract and they charge 1.75%.  Fantastic little bit of kit to be fair and no monthly subs.  I don't mind waiting for the money, providing I know it is coming.

Waiting a week is a no go if you sell 4 - 5 over a 2 day period and don't see the money until the following Thurs/Friday.  Especially if you're like me who stocks 15 max.

Edited by AutoJacob

Then you use reserves, knowing that the money is coming - no?