Sign in to follow this  
Row

Third party warranty company

Hi, we usually stand our own warranty cover for 3 months where the car has to come back to us, but had an enquiry from a potential customer who is 150 mile away and she understandably wants a warranty that she can use at any garage so she needs a third party warranty cover policy, I don't normally use these company's but if I do for this type of customer as anyone got any recommendations, Thanks

Warranty Assist. Trade only warranties. As such, I believe they can take a view on “grey areas” regarding warranty claims and show some goodwill on the basis of repeat business from traders. 

We established a network of small neighbourhood garage workshops that we could rely on for customers living outside our area who had a warranty claim.I recall,the way we did that,we just rang local taxi offices in that area to find out who maintained their drivers cars.You could quickly establish who was sensible and went with them.You might get someone ring from 150 miles away about an EML that the dealer had quoted £80 just to look at it.They are  usually impressed when you tell them to take it somewhere near to them and it would cost them nothing.