Sign in to follow this  
James Baggott

Your workshop - is it important?

How important is your workshop to your business for those of you that have one?

What products and services do you buy in most regularly?

And what issues do you think are most pressing in the servicing area (and I'm not talking about who nicked the nude calendar from the staff room)?

I'd love to hear your experiences in the service and repair area of your business and what you'd most like to hear about others who have similar businesses.

Workshops are extremely important for a number of reasons

* Firstly a chance and requirement to look after customers whom have just purchased a vehicle so ensure they are looked after

* A chance for when a customer hasn't bought the vehicle from you but visit for service or repair to make a good impression for a future purchase

* Generates foot fall

* If done correctly has high gross profits on labour and oil sales

* generates parts sales if you operate a parts department

* Biggest issue is when loosing a technician it's hard to replace with good quality, we continuously employ new apprentices to try bridge this

* Price of servicing is hard to justify as every service in theory can be different, some are just an oil filter change some wheels off and brakes stripped cleaned etc, difficult for customers to know are they getting like for like

* Issues with latest car faults a lot of the time are relating to software updates so dealers can not repair until software updates are available from manufacturer

* youtube now shows how to self repair vehicles

The list could go on

What services do you buy in the most in that area? What costs you the most? And what would you be most interested in hearing about more? Can you tell I'm cooking up something...

What services do you buy in the most in that area? What costs you the most? And what would you be most interested in hearing about more? Can you tell I'm cooking up something...

Keep cooking James :)