Sign in to follow this  
whitestone679231

Skoda corrosion warranty

Has anyone claimed on corrosion warranty on a Skoda? I have a 2012 Yeti, (stupid name but a good car) full dealer history original car never painted but doors are rotting, blisters on all 4 doors mainly at bottom on edges, question is do I try to claim under warranty if I do is it best to come clean and do it as a dealer or play the private? Or is it going to be a long drawn out affair if so I will bite the bullet and have it painted myself. 

7 hours ago, tradex said:

No personal experience of VAG but have a friend whose had in trade work done on 12/13 plate Golfs with similar problems recently so worth an ask.

We had a few bits done under warranty by Daimler back in day when we sold W210's, even had panels and skins replaced.....then all their good will disappeared overnight in the mid noughties.

We were honest with them on ownership (gets messy otherwise) and it was a good earner for the reparing dealership, but then Stuttgart insisted on full main agent history, thereby changing the goal posts. I guess it would of crippled them orherwise.

Those W210's lack of rust prevention made an Alfasud look like a quality built car.

Alfasud........now they were crap !