Sign in to follow this  
williamblackshaw

Car dealer magazine, can we have a google analytics pointers feature

Having been using google analytics for a while and looking at various items, how many people are using ipad against smart phone, the geeky stuff, what i want to know is, how i can use this data to sell more cars and services - we need google to explain what to look for. Can you "award winning magazine hero's make this happen?"

Because you used the words 'Award Winning Magazine Heroes' Will, for you, I'll consider it!

Actually, it's a very pertinent point and one high on my personal agenda right now. We're currently dabbling with GoSquared a powerful, paid-for alternative to Google Analytics. It's a few quid a month and delivers detailed daily reports to my email account on Car Dealer traffic.

However I've also recently downloaded the excellent Google Analytics app for my iPhone. If you haven't got it yet it's worth a look - it's actually better than the website.

I agree sometimes it's hard to know what to look for, however, I've spotted trends of when users visit our site the most and have tasked the editorial team with ensuring fresh content is online for these busy periods.

I've also seen a huge increase in mobile traffic. So much so that we're currently looking at a new mobile theme for our site that's more user friendly and drives users around the site more easily.

The app also has a brilliant live view so you can tweet a link to a story and watch users drop in to the site and see where they go after reading it. I've been trialling lots of different techniques with the help of the stats and knowledge is power as they say.

I'll contact Scott at Google and see what he thinks about writing a top tips guide for dealers on using the platform. I would be just as interested as you on hearing what he has to say.

I'll report back when he replies.

Hi William. Hopefully you've seen in the latest issue we've served up exactly what you asked.

Thanks to Scott Sinclair at Google we've compiled a Top 10 Tips piece for using Google Analytics. I hope it helps and thanks for requesting some content for the mag.

If anyone else has any specific requests for features in the mag let me know. Hopefully this proves we do listen and take action!

• Like 1

Yes but i also asked for a free IPAD didn't see that? No joking a side, well done and it's tonights entertainment whilst X Factor is on, hoping to see my dog on front cover next magazine, that would be cool