Sign in to follow this  
umesh

LED or no to led - Lights

Interesting question not sure if anyone has done the sums or ‘invested’ in LED Lights.
Every 4/5 years I replace all my showroom lights (tubes) last year I thought I’d check out the world of ‘LED’ seems the way forward. Found a great company via twitter – a fellow #SBS Winner who to be fair have been very helpful and had some different demos’ PLUS they’ve just designed a new tube that will fit my lighting system.
The question is to replace with normal tubes around £500+vat , to go LED £2500+vat savings of allegedly 65.7% compared to normal tubes?
Are these figures realistic?
Does anyone have any personal experience?
And you have to remember , although they say ‘life’ for led tubes the guarantee is the same as normal tubes – 12 Months !
Would love your thoughts ?

We recently replaced all ours and for units with led's on a motion sensor also, so not only do they switch off after a while off no one in that area they only come on during periods of darkness - obviously you still have a switch for morning and afternoon. Not sure what the saving was going to be as it was done by the old man prior to retirement, but he wouldn't spend money for no return. However surely you can ask a local sparky to add some device to measure kwh being used over 1 minute then get a test led unit and do the same and should be able to calculate from there I'd guess? We are looking at showroom heating options, but due to the height it is causing problems, you can get nice ones that look like false ceiling tiles which is what I want.