Sign in to follow this  
HKQAC

Online auction buying

Anyone had any experience buying from online auction houses? Our main one is Manheim, we are looking at a car 3 hours away, its passed all its silver surecheck checks and its a grade 3 but has no information so far on service history (which isn't massively important re-sale wise because we can get it serviced).  I've never bought online from them.  Just don't want to be stuck with a lemon, any advice?

20 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

Get them to walk around it

+1. 

Silver assured counts for virtually f*** all. 

Yes, I buy stock from every branch via Manheim online, I tend to go for silver and they are usually accurately described. You just need to check those photos and read the report. You have to understand its a numbers game, you will occasionally get one which will cost you more in prep (had to do a DMF last week) on an Audi £1200, but that's the game :)  A lot of the time they are far better than expectation and they arrive with a file full of history. 

Yeah I can imagine you got to expect a few bad ones exactly the same as if you’re there in person.  This one has a buy now of £1700 and cap clean is £1800, but it’s in pretty good condition.   Do you think I should be skeptical?

It depends on whether it fits into your margin, read between the lines to get an idea how much its going to cost to MOT, PDI, get delivered and the sell within 100 miles of you. I stick to cars I know will sell quickly, the thing is everyone is looking for them :) What car is it, which branch and the reg ???

36 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

It depends on whether it fits into your margin, read between the lines to get an idea how much its going to cost to MOT, PDI, get delivered and the sell within 100 miles of you. I stick to cars I know will sell quickly, the thing is everyone is looking for them :) What car is it, which branch and the reg ???

I’ll message you mate! Cheers