Sign in to follow this  
Jimbo

Car pitches prices in South East

Contemplating going for a little road side pitch. 

Were based in the south east - gatwick/brighton region. 

What sort of costs should we be looking at for a site to hold 10-15 cars?

have seen a bit of land on a lovely farm that is also a possibility for the future but a roadside pitch would be ideal

Hi Jimbo, I have two forecourts just outside of Brighton. Happy to take a PM if you want to discuss the site?

As an example there was a potentially good little forecourt with office on a busy A road near us that holds about 12 cars up for rent recently for 14k p/a. Didn't have planning for car sales though (still doesn't after a year of trade happening).

I did a quick check to see if we wanted to take it on and worked out costs for it to be about 25 - 30k p/a all in if run as an independent site exclusive of employee wages. Rates are the big factor really.

Not gonna tell you to suck eggs over the cost of rates, insurance etc for a pitch but be careful stocking it...the guy that took it on has got it all wrong and is cutting his throat.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

Hi Jimbo, I have two forecourts just outside of Brighton. Happy to take a PM if you want to discuss the site?

As an example there was a potentially good little forecourt with office on a busy A road near us that holds about 12 cars up for rent recently for 14k p/a. Didn't have planning for car sales though (still doesn't after a year of trade happening).

I did a quick check to see if we wanted to take it on and worked out costs for it to be about 25 - 30k p/a all in if run as an independent site exclusive of employee wages. Rates are the big factor really.

Not gonna tell you to suck eggs over the cost of rates, insurance etc for a pitch but be careful stocking it...the guy that took it on has got it all wrong and is cutting his throat.

Thank you mate realy helpful. 

Yeah i was thinking around £1k a month would be a decent investment but also allow you to actually make a net profit. 

The area on a farm would probably cost around £400-£500 a month but doesnt have an office and is basically just a bit of land, albeit on a lovely setting farm. 

But at £1k a month if on roadside you’d hope to at least get £2k a month of walk ins alone on the basis of £500 profit and selling 1 a week just walk ins alone