Sign in to follow this  
dick turpin

is november usually a good month

hello guys i stock around 20-25 cars all prepared ready to leave with full mot and warranty. i was expecting a quiet month or two but managed to sell 4 saturday 4 sunday and 2 yesterday so nearly half my stock has gone this weekend . i try to buy at the usual places you guys all know about but i don't visit auctions because of the fee s and dogs i have bought from there in the past i don't use DA or sytner because of the stories i here from there and i don't have time to buy from classifeids i do advertise that i buy cars off the street but even thats drying up .I understand that what works for some don't work for others but does any one on here ever drive past we buy any car and see all that good stock going to bca for pennies and wish we could have some of it  to sell am think about putting one of them chaps from america with a advertising board outside our local WBAC office just an idea 

We not mad busy but its not dead either, A pal of mine has 10 cars on a pitch with another trader and has had a bad few weeks with not interest, he placed 4 of those cars in the local rag this week with £200 off each car and dealt 3 out of the 4 since Saturday. 

Just shows it all about where they're placed  somtimes. 

• Like 1

i use local rag not much comes from it i also use motors and auto trader and i ask my customers where did they find us and 99% its auto trader thanks for the heads up betginge

am not big user of the local paper either, even though we get a very good rate. But the thing was he didn't put in the usual dealer add in but 4 private looking box adds, now he wasn't pretending to be private seller he explained to all the callers he was trader, the point is he got more interest this way than advert with abc car sales etc. 

Strange how the trade works

• Like 1