Sign in to follow this  
Philip Nothard

October Market & Qtr.4 Outlook

How would you best describe October in terms of used vehicle volume, quality, supply and retail demand?

Also, how are you viewing the remaining months for 2013 and Qtr. 4?

How has the September result impacted on your outlook for the remainder of 2013.

I'm sure well be seeing  ore views, but the feedback i've received so far is that stock is still incredibly difficult to come by ( no surprises there) and after a fairly strong September things have quietened a little in October.

Has the feel good factor that was returning to customers taken a bit of a hit as a result of the increase in utilities recently, maybe this has made people take stock again? 

Chating to a car buyer for a buy your car web site he advise me that they are running at 30% of sales compared to Q2 13 this to him Is a great indicator that things will not pick up to Q1 14 in fact he put down to the 4 January that thinks pick up . He told me that for the last 5 years the 4 January has been their business day of the year and this can run to march in the SH car market .

Could be the case as he said a lot of these buy you car web sites have been set up for a buy out by the bigger sites the present site he is working for number one priority is not profit but turn over for a potential take over .