Okay dokay

Service History - Why The Secrets

Who like me winces every time you have to speak to certain manufacturers to trace service history?

Audi and VW are the best, straight forward and very helpful.

BMW, £1 per minute 0906 number but you get it eventually.

Mercedes...possibly the worst customer service experience of all time, you have to have V5 in your name and take it to dealer with ID to be given anything, this along with your inside leg measurement, and a whole load of patience since Mercedes and helpful have never appeared in the same sentence before this one.

Then what I call the small time manufacturers that don't actually store anything centrally, like Vauxhall, if you get a car in with missing service history - good luck, it would be easier to find the Holy Grail.

Rant over...it was losing a Mercedes service book that prompted this little shouting session - frustrates the life out of me, so now the car is worth hundreds less if not more unless I register it in my own or company name for them to release info.

:(

Edited by Okay dokay

Mercedes will do it if you give them a copy of your purchase receipt - well email it to them. BMW give service info out through customer services or just take the key to your local dealer, having said that they are starting to store them electronically in the idrive. Land Rover are very helpful too.