Prestige

Selling cars on facebook & twitter

What is the effectiveness of sharing cars for sale on Facebook & Twitter branded with your logo and colors?

Edited by Prestige
Brand name removed. Too close to promotion.

You have to be very careful with not only what you put on FB and Twitter but also how much too. If you put a picture on there with a large logo or message in print FB knows this and will not allow you to promote the post, so worth watching. Also in our opinion if all you do is post cars on Social Media it wont be long before likers stop liking and following posts, they will start to block from their timeline, just me thoughts. It's all about balance!

• Like 3

Both are is an incredible social platforms for learning about your current and future customers. That being said, the worst use of Facebook as a car salesperson is to talk about specials, rates, and promotions. If you put these online too frequently, people will unfollow you. I'd never directly promote my dealership or my provider on the personal profile page. Getting your page on local business listings promoted or hiring a professional SMM company might help more I think in developing and maintaining strong client relationships, while personal use of Facebook or Twitter is just the fastest way to attract ready-to-visit prospects and convert them in to recurring car buyers.

Edited by James Baggott
Edited to remove links to suppliers. This is not allowed on this forum.

Facebook is a great platform to interact with followers of friends as they like to call them. You need to think of some innovative ways to have friends share posts form your Facebook page. Its a numbers game in many ways. if you have ten friends who all share a post with their ten friends and they share it with their ten friends. You just reached 1000 new people who might just come back and friend you.

Never post anything political or religious. This is the fastest way to lose customers. or Facebook likes.

If you create a page for your car business on facebook and put your cars on there - BEWARE.

All your likely to get is little toe rags slating your business, offering you stupid amounts like £20 for a £2000 car etc etc... that's if your lucky, if not then be prepared to have them find your personal facebook profile and start posting pictures of your wife and kids with disgusting comments.

Shame.

Edited by Orchard Cars
too small, lol

14 hours ago, Orchard Cars said:

If you create a page for your car business on facebook and put your cars on there - BEWARE.

All your likely to get is little toe rags slating your business, offering you stupid amounts like £20 for a £2000 car etc etc... that's if your lucky, if not then be prepared to have them find your personal facebook profile and start posting pictures of your wife and kids with disgusting comments.

Shame.

If you are having such troubles may be it is possible it is something you are doing with your Facebook interaction and marketing that is not quite as it should be or the person you have doing your social media work does not know what they are doing.

Facebook is a tool, nothing more nothing less and you have to know how to use the tool the correct way in order to benefit the most from it. Here is what really you should be doing with Facebook to maximise your results and not obtain the bad results you have been witnessing.

1. Have a lead generation landing page that is used. If you offer something of value to people then they will sign up with you. When I say sign up I am wanting  2 things from visitors. Fist I want a like from them and 2nd I want their name and contact information. This way they give me social credibility and I build my sales funnel.
  2. If you use Ads. It is no use trying to advertise on Facebook if no one is clicking on your ads. If no one is clicking on your add then you can be sure your ad is not appealing to people or your are trying to target the wrong people. You have to be very careful with any form of CPC, CPM, CPA or CPL advertising. You need to make sure you are running split tests and logging every change you make until you create the perfect ad teat gives maximum ROI.
  3. Traffic. If you are not getting enough traffic than your time is a complete waste. You are either getting traffic through your advertising or as I prefer organic traffic. Organic traffic is far the best as you have already started to build a relationship with the visitor. The way to build traffic is through social interaction. This of it this way, Facebook and other social media platforms are similar to you going out with your friends. You are going out to enjoy yourself not be sold anything. If one of your mates was a insurance sales person and all night was trying to sell you a life policy you would get pretty sick and soon refuse to go out with them any more. So the same applies on social media don't do it! Interact and be human.
  4. Sales Funnel. Sit down and ask your self what you want to accomplish with your marketing. Most of us are too quick to say well I want to sell a few extra cars each month. Have you ever thought about building your brand awareness? That few extra cars a month could seem pail in comparison to what can happen if you spent some time building your brand awareness with the public using social media.

Obviously there is a lot more detailed information in the middle of each of these points but you get the general point I am trying to make. Embrace social media it is not going away any time soon. If you don't embrace it and utilize it your competitor will.