Sign in to follow this  
jace

Idiots guide to using facebook

Good Afternoon

I am a car dealer established for over 15 years stocking around 12-15 vehicles using Autotrader & Cargurus to generate enquiries operating on an appointment only basis.

I have subscribed and read this forum for a few years and enjoyed and learned alot in that time

During this quiet period we have been catching up with a few tasks that we have been putting off.

One is using facebook to promote the business and advertise and boost vehicles.

Can anyone who has any experience good or bad offer some advice and tips to an old technophobe who even struggles with the new Autotrader Portal

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Not sure where you are based but if you google social media trainers/gurus, somebody should pop up. There were 2 in my area, one charged £150 for a 3 hour training session, the other £300... I know a few have used both and all have sung their praises. There are also a few online who charge a fee and send a manual to teach yourself

2 hours ago, jace said:

Good Afternoon

I am a car dealer established for over 15 years stocking around 12-15 vehicles using Autotrader & Cargurus to generate enquiries operating on an appointment only basis.

I have subscribed and read this forum for a few years and enjoyed and learned alot in that time

During this quiet period we have been catching up with a few tasks that we have been putting off.

One is using facebook to promote the business and advertise and boost vehicles.

Can anyone who has any experience good or bad offer some advice and tips to an old technophobe who even struggles with the new Autotrader Portal

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Don't bother. FB is full of pond life. Stick to AT.

• Like 1

Facebook is not something we use to sell cars, BUT it works brilliantly for potential customers to see who you are, see your reviews, what your about and create confidence, most of our enquiries come through our Facebook page, nearly everyday we get at least one message enquiring about a car. The youth of today don’t want to RING you they want to PM you (private message) its the best free way to create confidence, it will take time to build your page up, get likes, create content and get in a routine but once you do it’s really easy, it’s the future and yes it’s annoying learning all these new social media apps but it will be worth it