Sign in to follow this  
Wayne_202

New kid on the block

Good morning, my name's Wayne I live in Devon. I've read loads on here and it's so helpfull so thought I would join.

I'm not in this to become a millionare in a week. It's just a bit of cash on the side and keeps the mind active. 

I'm a mechanic Monday to Friday at an independent. Then do a small amount of buyers and sellers on the evenings and weekends. 

I've done about 5 so far. All sold for around the £1000 Mark.  Mostly needed a little bit of work and an mot then price to sell and so far All but one I've sold for full asking price making £200-800 profit. I enjoy the whole valeting side to it, turning them from rough looking to mint condition looking. 

This market seems to be working for me but I would like to be investing more into it and doing slightly newer stuff ideally with the hope there maybe slightly more profit on average. I guess it's just having more money tied into it. I like the fact at the moment if I loose anything it's only going to be a few hundred. 

All the cars so far have been bought private as I live about an hour away from an auction.

I've got traders insurance now so can drive vehicles a bit more legal. 

Trading from home. All work done in my own garage at home. 

I'm not unrealistic in the past I've lost so much money on personal cars and I know I will soon buy a few lemons as it can't be helped in this day and age but I service all the cars before sale including it's break obviously and change any pads etc that will be needed in the next few thousand miles. This seems to give people piece of mind. 

Any advice in the future will be greatly appreciated.