jamslug

Social Media? You grandads need to jump out your rocking chairs and submerse yourself in the timeline.

CJ underhill asked me a question on my camera topic. So this is the answer.

I am really clued up as to how important social media actually is. 10 years ago I am sure if I said to you the following, you would be wowed, amazed and want it now.

10 years ago:

Right Green Giant, what would you say if I could make everyone have a small hand held screen in their pocket that they look at on average 110 times a day and up to every 6 seconds in the evenings. (True Fact). This small device is YOUR blank canvas, you can just show them, send them and talk to them about anything. So you can tell everyone that you are doing half price MOTs for the week. You can tell everyone that you now offer 0% APR. You can now tell everyone that you have an amazing Renault Koleos that has just come in :P. And you can tell them this whether they want to hear it or not, they will still listen and read and can not escape your business, promotions and used cars.

Now this actually exists, you think it is a load of bull crap. It isn't about jumping on the band wagon, it is about keeping up with the way we are all changing and interacting with each other. In another 10 years we will have all evolved to not actually be able to speak. Then Facebook will be the only way.

I do sometimes pay to "Boost" a post. This way it is forced in front of people . I do this to increase my facebook presence. The likes explode and it is shared multiple times. The reason is simple and has been proven to me, just like this.....

.....The other day my phones rings to tell me that some girls are out the front looking to speak to me. I went out and it was two random strangers.... but were they really strangers? NO, they new me and the business very well , well a lot better than I knew them. They had been at the receiving end of my posts and pictures. They were on the way to a local attraction and passed my forecourt. They recognised it as the Garage from facebook so decided to pop in, they wanted to meet me and see what cars and services we offer. I didn't even know these people existed, I had never seen them before but they knew an awful lot about me and the garage.

Just a thought for the day. A rather long thought for the day.