Sign in to follow this  
SAPFO

How Did You Get Into Motor Sales?

Just curious as I've been lurking for a while at certain topics. It's always been an ambition of mine to sell cars for a living after growing up with my old man having a 'new' motor nearly every week as a kid. Courtina's, Granada's, Saab's, even a shite ugly Alegro which I still remember from when I was about 4 years old. Stained my childhood memories that car has.

Anyway, I've seen a few new lads being 'flamed', as some of the more experienced on here begrudge the fact some of these new lads are doing it for 'beer money', while the more experienced have to pay their way legit. Completely understandable of course. This has led me to a curious question....

I am assuming you make a living out of motors, so how exactly did you get into the game? Did any of you start the way some of these new lads have by buying a motor with a 'small' problem, having tinker to gain hands on experience, practice your pre skills, as you won't be paying anybody to do it at the start id imagine, and then move it on for a small margin just to get the feel for the process? Or were some of you in the trade already? If so, as what? And I'd imagine some came through the family business.

Edited for waffle

Edited by SAPFO