19 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

couldn't give a monkeys

Dont lie you had a little crank over it earlier using tears a lube 

• Haha 1

Just fishing for headlines. I’m not going to take it personally. I’ve worked with some brilliant and trustworthy people in the trade over the years

14 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Dont lie you had a little crank over it earlier using tears a lube 

i thought we agreed to keep our extra curricular activities private x

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, chris willbourne cars said:

is anybody else upset with the comments carzoo have been making ? 

Online used car dealer Cazoo claims the ‘offline retail experience’ for car buyers is ‘no longer fit for purpose’.

In an investor presentation, the used car dealer – which bought Imperial Car Supermarkets last year and set them up as ‘customer handover centres’ – claims 31 per cent of consumers ‘do not trust car dealers’.

well let's all go home now then :unsure:

Hang on :lol:

Amazing how these cancers get air time. 

I remember how Saturn were going to revolutionize the industry in the early 90’s that went well....

Complete bunch of changers, very rich ones though...

1 hour ago, have a word with the wife said:

consumers ‘do not trust car dealers’.

Neither do I :lol:

• Haha 1

I wouldn’t feel to offended. I’m sure Mr Chesterman would say pretty much anything to try and float this company.

It will be interesting to see it’s value in 12 months time.

I’m amazed some of the manufacturers don't all get together and insist on buy back contracts when they offer big discounts to the lease companies. They could direct the prime stock through their own dealer networks and in effect restrict the supply to these start-ups.

2 hours ago, BHM said:

Neither do I :lol:

I don’t trust customers :lol:

Edited by Bmx Bandits
  • Like 1

Notwithstanding the valuation, a number of observations would spring to mind:

1. Would seek the opinions of others, but their website is very good as are their descriptions, are they significantly better than Dealers websites. IMHO, no they are not and the pictures /  descriptions would not be enough to make me buy the car.

2. The descriptions are only as good as the the person who uploads the details, mentioning a car has memory seats and it doesn't or vice versa, when the customer hasn't seen the car will heavily impact on sales and returns.

3. Nobody really knows what the return % will be, if you get 10% or more you are in the brown smelly stuff.

4. Do they hold the P/X for 7 days, if they do, that's a lot of dead money?

5. 31% of people don't trust the local Dealer, 69% therefore do and how many of the 31% will trust someone selling a car they can't touch?

@Bmx Bandits  very valid point on manufacturers proactively disposing of their vehicles, not sure I will see it in my lifetime? 

36 minutes ago, petrol head said:

Notwithstanding the valuation, a number of observations would spring to mind:

1. Would seek the opinions of others, but their website is very good as are their descriptions, are they significantly better than Dealers websites. IMHO, no they are not and the pictures /  descriptions would not be enough to make me buy the car.

2. The descriptions are only as good as the the person who uploads the details, mentioning a car has memory seats and it doesn't or vice versa, when the customer hasn't seen the car will heavily impact on sales and returns.

3. Nobody really knows what the return % will be, if you get 10% or more you are in the brown smelly stuff.

4. Do they hold the P/X for 7 days, if they do, that's a lot of dead money?

5. 31% of people don't trust the local Dealer, 69% therefore do and how many of the 31% will trust someone selling a car they can't touch?

@Bmx Bandits  very valid point on manufacturers proactively disposing of their vehicles, not sure I will see it in my lifetime? 

What happens if I part exchange a car, but I want it back during the 7-Day Money Back Guarantee period?

Once we pick up your old car the part exchange is final and you won’t be able get it back

Edited by have a word with the wife
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Bmx Bandits said:

I wouldn’t feel to offended. I’m sure Mr Chesterman would say pretty much anything to try and float this company.

I’m amazed some of the manufacturers don't all get together and insist on buy back contracts when they offer big discounts to the lease companies. They could direct the prime stock through their own dealer networks and in effect restrict the supply to these start-ups.

They will say anything .It’s all contrived,if they manage to get the float away,they will have achieved everything.US Online used car dealer Carvana are supposed to be a success,they do $5b t/o and lose -$500m,the shares have done nothing but millions of shares are traded every day.Another US used car dealer called Carlotz managed to float with the idea that punters would pay them $300 to prep and sell their car and when it was sold they would retain another $800.They floated and sell thousands of cars but again they lose money and the share price has gone down.It must be the volume of shares traded that counts ?

19 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

If you wish to view the investor presentation its on you tube. 

Worth looking at,some amazing claims and jargon you can steal for yourself.The management- world class team ( none of them from the trade of course ) and they have the firepower to succeed ! They are ahead of Cavana at the same stage in their development - translation - we have lost more money than them.Brittas,Alan Partridge,Reggie Perin ,George Costanza and Kramer come to mind.

19 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

If you wish to view the investor presentation its on you tube. 

Found the PDF and got to page 2 before I gave up. It says in bold "Unique proposition...."

How is it unique when there's Cazoo, Carzam and Cinch? Not to mention, loads of other dealers now doing online selling of cars too?

1 hour ago, Paul C said:

Found the PDF and got to page 2 before I gave up. It says in bold "Unique proposition...."

How is it unique when there's Cazoo, Carzam and Cinch? Not to mention, loads of other dealers now doing online selling of cars too?

The unique could be........they could loose more money....more quickly? 

22 hours ago, petrol head said:

Your spot on, they likely never will, in all my experience with manufacturer management are they are only concerned with shifting new metal, they really are missing a huge trick, I know some do try and manage short term daily rental stock but are really missing a trick with some of the 36/48 months lower mileage PCH cars

Edited by Bmx Bandits
  • Like 1

Also the "31% don't trust car dealers" is somewhat shooting themselves in the foot. THEY'RE A CAR DEALER TOO!!! The difference being, a consumer could still buy a car from an untrusted car dealer because they could go and look at the car beforehand, nitpick, take it for a test drive, blah blah blah. At the end of the day you're not marrying the dealer or asking them to look after your puppy, the car could still be good despite the car dealer being a sleazeball.

And car dealers being untrusted is a disadvantage to them, not an advantage, because in addition to themselves being a car dealer, they need to establish a sufficiently high amount of trust to convince the customer to do it entirely online. Starting from nothing is a risk. At least Cinch have the advantage that parent BCA have been screwing their customers for donkey's years so have it down to a fine art.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/29/2021 at 8:57 PM, Bmx Bandits said:

Did the manufacturers not do something like that before I remember buying a few Peugeot’s for my dad from the local dealer which had been registered to the rental company although I’m not sure if Peugeot just bought them from them think Vauxhall and ford did a similar thing 

There has been a lot of coverage today in the press how shopping has increased vastly by people who have had the jab, and how much Internet supermarket orders have dropped, quite eye opening figures, ok, these are people over 50 mainly, but it shows the desperation and need to physically see what they're buying and, in theory, examine the package.

This says to me people are desperate to go shop, honestly I am too, I would be very interested to see the average age of a carzoo buyer, if I missed it let me know.

All good news, for the majority of us.

The actual pdf is very good reading ( I nearly put dpf, same thing really, full of shit :lol: ) scroll down to the very small print, " risk factors" how much basically they are dependent on outside sources, frightening.

And this is where you and I exceed this company, we are " fit for purpose" if our valeter has a fire, we can go to the next one, if our mot station falls down, we can go next door, if our delivery driver crashes, someone else will deliver at the drop of a hat, if we lost a phone we can get another within hours, and change adverts, you get the drift.

We are fit for purpose because we can run rings round them in every aspect, we give, service.

I' m not bitter, I just laugh, ;):)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Indeed, the main weakness is that their business model relies on a big shift to online buying, citing that secondhand cars are a "growth potential area" because of the currently low % bought online. The reason for this, is because a car is a complicated mechanical thing which can & does go wrong; and also, excepting nearly-new cars (and even then...) once a car starts getting older, they become distinct from each other so you want to inspect the one you're buying. Its not like a telly where its a boxed, new item.

To alter this needs a big shift in confidence level in dealers (they are silent on this....) and/or a seismic change in online vs offline buying (like a global pandemic which forces the government to close offline car dealers). Its impossible to split out the "Covid effect" from their growth, in fact you could say they ought to have made a killing on the market but they didn't seem to.....possibly because of out-of-their-control factors such as capacity to prep cars, logistics, availability of stock etc.

Sure, online buying will grow, sure Covid has moved us forwards quickly, but it cannot be assumed nor taken for granted. And you can't monopolise it either.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Casper said:

Did the manufacturers not do something like that before I remember buying a few Peugeot’s for my dad from the local dealer which had been registered to the rental company although I’m not sure if Peugeot just bought them from them think Vauxhall and ford did a similar thing 

Yrs Pug did this with vans in early noughties

• Like 1

I hope Cazoo go the way of the pushbike food delivery company Deliveroo.They  floated this morning described as a tech company valued at billions and the shares have plunged.It will cost the underwriters billions,might effect Cazoo,hope so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trade vet said:

I hope Cazoo go the way of the pushbike food delivery company Deliveroo.They  floated this morning described as a tech company valued at billions and the shares have plunged.It will cost the underwriters billions,might effect Cazoo,hope so.

Tech company 

man on bicycle delivers you food

whats techy about that 

29 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

Tech company 

man on bicycle delivers you food

whats techy about that 

Delivers what's left you mean;)

Whilst Southern Canadians are notoriously inward looking, I wonder if the dreadful performance of Deliveroo will make them think?

Yes I know workers rights had an affect on Deliveroo, but its still a disaster.

I have a nice bottle of champers in the fridge to be opened when Cazoo IPO fails. 

• Like 1