Sign in to follow this  
Phil H

Can anyone answer these questions, funniest replies win a prize

what's on their shopping list?

http://www.digitallook.com/news/news-and-announcements/auto-trader-directors-and-managers-sell-60m-worth-of-shares--1106269.html

how do you explain this one to your customers and does your buyers fee cover you for this?

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/car-transporter-fire-causes-hold-11217891

and finally Bethany how big is the sign on the wall saying THEY NEED US MORE THAN WE NEED THEM. Does it exist and has anyone seen it and got proof?

I cant believe the money the directors are making at Autotrader - That's an obscene amount. Coincidentally we've sold two cars from AT this month at a premium of£1600... Now I know where our moneys going! 

Transporter - Burnt orange my favourite colour!

This infamous sign still spoken about... I doubt we will never know the truth...

• Like 1

I knew I should have put my money into AT shares and not Tesco!!!

The auction would probably still make delivery, wait for the complaint, ask you to send photos of the issues and then claim it wasn't listed on the POD so there's nothing they'll do!!

• Like 1

I wondered why those Zafiras were cheap.

18 hours ago, Phil H said:

Maybe an enormous inflatable middle finger to wave at their customers as they sail off into the sunset?

And if anyone did actually think that they aren't just in it for the money, think again. They're clearly offloading as fast as they can before reality of the customer exodus dawns on the rest of the shareholders and the Market adjusts accordingly .

1. BuyersCompared- is now in their shopping list

2. " I've got good news and bad news, the. auction on Wednesday night was on fire, the bad news is......"

3. Yes the sign still exists it's in my office and relates to Autotrader :-)

thank you 

Uncle Jim

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jimreidvehicle said:

1. BuyersCompared- is now in their shopping list

well sometimes you don't get everything that's in the shopping list, don't think it'll bother them just yet as at the moment only a small part of it will help put yet another nail in the coffin of what once was a very good business when it was ran by dealers for dealers. It's the shareholders of the others who'll get the jitters first, followed shortly by theirs.

For those of you who don't know about our little projects, WeBringAboutChange (WBAC for short) with BuyersCompared for starters which comprises of UsedCarDealersYouCanTrust

You can read all about our vision in the independent members area of Jim's forum www.twittercardealers.ning.com once you've been approved membership you can apply to join what's been branded "the most credible threat not only to the cash for cars market but to the auctions themselves" But we won't let anyone join us you must be a dealer who is Vat registered, have a website, have the ability to appraise cars properly, want to change the industry for the better and more and more importantly be a dealer who can be trusted by customers, suppliers and fellow dealers then your bottom line will greatly benefit by joining us. Fly by nights and Swiss Tony's need not apply.

Edited by Phil H

I think they are going to put a bid in on FB as dealers seem to be moving their in droves! They can then increase the prices and make even more money.

As for the second pic I think the driver tried to deliver and played it off as if he didn't know anything with something like "Well bugger me I just popped in for a cup of tea and a bacon butty at the café on the way over, some bugger must have been stood next to my lorry with a bad case of gas and it exploded!"

Edited by Velicular

as long as I'm still selling cars as result I don't give a monkies tbh. Im not a fan or loyal but AT does a job. advertise good cars at realistic prices and they sell and I make a profit. I've tried other avenues and still tinkering with FB and eBay which gets the odd sale but very time consuming. As Umesh said on the video the other day, if it doesn't work for you, cancel and advertise elsewhere. the moment some other website gets me the same amount of enquiries for less I'm off but until then I'm happy where I am. Thankfully I don't just rely on advertising, its repeat business and a busy service centre that keep dealers afloat during lean times. give great service and people come back. I've noticed a big increase since my reviews went onto my adverts, customers commenting on my ratings and saying that's what made them buy from me. give good service and you've got a good future

• Like 3