Mercftw

Clone diagnostics received

Hi guys 

was wondering if you guys could shed some light on this- I’ve just received a Launch X431 v4 from Amazon, is there any way to check if it’s genuine? as I’m starting to have my doubts 

the Amazon store looks certified but there’s certain things like the product picking up the wrong model and show 35 faults for a vehicle which only shows a fuse fault on the instrument cluster... 

This is the product..

LAUNCH X431 V (X431 Pro) Bi-Directional OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner, Key Fob Programming, ECU Coding, ABS Bleeding Brake, Reset Functions Including Oil Reset, EPB, SAS, DPF, BMS, SRS, TPMS https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01G5BA9LW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_XMF97553M1D2H3MCWB93?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Have you attempted to connect to the launch web site for an ‘update’?  That’s where ‘clones’ usually show themselves? 

12 hours ago, metcars said:

Have you attempted to connect to the launch web site for an ‘update’?  That’s where ‘clones’ usually show themselves? 

I can’t seem to locate the online login to update, 

I know on the x431 App it’s allowed me to update to the latest software but then again that can just be cloned software

1 hour ago, Kes said:

What vehicle you've tried it on? 

Tried it on a 

2018 Volvo XC60 

2018 Renault Clio 

2019 A class A35 AMG W177

On 3/20/2021 at 6:21 PM, Mercftw said:

Hi guys 

was wondering if you guys could shed some light on this- I’ve just received a Launch X431 v4 from Amazon, is there any way to check if it’s genuine? as I’m starting to have my doubts 

the Amazon store looks certified but there’s certain things like the product picking up the wrong model and show 35 faults for a vehicle which only shows a fuse fault on the instrument cluster... 

This is the product..

LAUNCH X431 V (X431 Pro) Bi-Directional OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner, Key Fob Programming, ECU Coding, ABS Bleeding Brake, Reset Functions Including Oil Reset, EPB, SAS, DPF, BMS, SRS, TPMS https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01G5BA9LW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_XMF97553M1D2H3MCWB93?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Does appear cheap at £799 , must say . 

Try an update online , if its a non genuine it will chuck you out instantly , Stolen and it will chuck you out too .

• Like 1

There is a strong possibility that if you try and update it if it is a clone it will get corrupted

Can't answer your question but the last launch I bought it updated perfectly and at the time the British overpriced in my opinion importer was kicking off that it wouldn't

Aliexpress is full of launch now

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 6:21 PM, Mercftw said:

Hi guys 

This is the product..

Bit risky buying this sort of kit online in my thinking , we always go with a parts supplier that has access to such as Launch  / Snap on or MAC Tools for various Diagnostics . 

Not only do you get Genuine stuff but they also have free updates , Courses at your premises free , Loans if needed , All great value add ons .

Just really hope its genuine what you have though , all the best 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frank Cannon said:

Isn't that about 50% cheaper than usual? 

Probably a little more than 50% actually 

3 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Probably a little more than 50% actually 

And the OP thinks it may not be puka,  it must be me;)

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 1:41 PM, David Horgan said:

Does appear cheap at £799 , must say . 

Try an update online , if its a non genuine it will chuck you out instantly , Stolen and it will chuck you out too .

Well it’s got all the latest firmware downloaded 

plugged it into my 2014 s4 and it started downloading files for online coding, but I haven’t tried coding anything with it as of right now 

On 3/22/2021 at 2:43 PM, David Horgan said:

Bit risky buying this sort of kit online in my thinking , we always go with a parts supplier that has access to such as Launch  / Snap on or MAC Tools for various Diagnostics . 

Not only do you get Genuine stuff but they also have free updates , Courses at your premises free , Loans if needed , All great value add ons .

Just really hope its genuine what you have though , all the best 

There was only one launch retailer I could find online and they were out of stock so went on Amazon and it looks like they have a professional Launch store so I went with them... 

Cleared an A35 Airbag light today and nothing went wrong so that’s a good sign but let’s hope it stays positive lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mercftw said:

Well it’s got all the latest firmware downloaded 

plugged it into my 2014 s4 and it started downloading files for online coding, but I haven’t tried coding anything with it as of right now 

Hope it works out ok for you .. 

14 hours ago, Frank Cannon said:

Isn't that about 50% cheaper than usual? 

Hmm I have noticed that on the only launch website that looks legit it’s twice as much but I did get this message off the seller:

Hello,
Thanks for you contact us .
We are Launch authorized dealer on Amazon.
All LAUNCH products we sell on Amazon are original and can be registered on LAUNCH official website, 
if you have any problem on product registration, activation, software update, X431 APP re-installation,
please feel free to contact us
Best regards
Doris 
Just now, Casper said:

Hope it works out ok for you .. 

Thanks mate appreciate it :blink:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mercftw said:

Hmm I have noticed that on the only launch website that looks legit it’s twice as much but I did get this message off the seller:

Hello,
All LAUNCH products we sell on Amazon are original and can be registered on LAUNCH official website, 
if you have any problem on product registration, activation, software update, X431 APP re-installation,
Best regards
Doris 

Welcome.buddy 

28 minutes ago, Mercftw said:

Hello,
Best regards
Doris 

Must be legit with a name like Doris!! :lol:

But seriously if it is genuine it’s a steal, you’ll have to let us know how it goes.

29 minutes ago, Bmx Bandits said:

Must be legit with a name like Doris!! :lol:

But seriously if it is genuine it’s a steal, you’ll have to let us know how it goes.

Leave auld Doris alone you :lol: she is an honest lady like a car dealer I know called Arthur runs about with terry ray and Dave down the Winchester 

• Haha 1

On 3/23/2021 at 10:14 PM, Casper said:

Leave auld Doris alone you :lol: she is an honest lady like a car dealer I know called Arthur runs about with terry ray and Dave down the Winchester 

Pop quiz. What was the name of Arthur’s car site?

Not 100 percent sure but remember him answering the phone daily into Europe