Padstar

BCA online bidding

Been buying quite a lot online recently at BCA seeing cars going through over and over again but every time appear to be getting bids or are they bca’s fake bids fishing for someone to click? It just seems everything is in their favour now. 
Just seen a 09 CLK 280 convertible 53k with a tow bar!! cap clean £3600 bids online £6300!! and probably went a little more. I turned off in disgust! :huh:

It’s been going on years mate the auctioneer bids them up to close to reserve some times over the years I’ve seen them sold them back through the same sale .

• Like 1

If you listen carefully you can actually hear them clicking the mouse bidding it up themselves 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Halfpenny said:

Yes of course. Its a trick as old as time!

It’s just like in the good old days in the auction hall’s the number of bids those walls used to make! :lol:

They are legally allowed to bid it to reserve . 

After that its off to traders , 

Bids are high at present though and look like being so for some time to come .

Like the CLK 280 . low miles CAP don't exist , its the brave hearts or the stupid who win , 

I would imagine there is still potential for underhand ‘ bounce out ‘ dealings by auctioneers.If I was bidding and bids went way over Cap when it shouldn’t and was then showing not sold,I would be quickly ringing provisionals to get my name on the sheet.

On 3/24/2021 at 7:19 PM, Bmx Bandits said:

It’s just like in the good old days in the auction hall’s the number of bids those walls used to make! :lol:

We used to joke tht h beam cars bought more than the rest of us .