Casper

Own a private car or use a trade car

How many of you own a personal car or just use a trade car I normally keep an old run about for myself and keep my mum with something reasonable as a spare car in case my brother or sisters car is off the road for whatever reason and also mum can use it for going to local shop etc and it always there to use for picking up my dads prescriptions etc 

When Im in the good books and have a better half lol  she normally gets something decent to drive to 

Edited by Casper

Wife gets a nice CRV to float about in , I'll drive any old crap !

• Like 2

Wife gets a nice car to slowly destroy and I’ll drive any old p/x with fuel in it :)

Edited by Bmx Bandits
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Bmx Bandits said:

Wife gets a nice car to slowly destroy and I’ll drive any old p/x with fuel in it :)

This

14 hours ago, Bmx Bandits said:

Yeah, my second wife was like that! She’d have a car for a week and I’d get it back in a bag! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Anglo9 said:

Wife gets a nice CRV to float about in , I'll drive any old crap !

Same here new Kuga on lease for the wife and any old px for me to commute in.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Row said:

Same here new Kuga on lease for the wife and any old px for me to commute in.

Leasing actually seems like a good idea have a friend who swears buy it and gets a nice new car every 2-3 years for the depreciation cost if bought see Arval lease used cars now too my guess is they try the better returns on a used lease before selling them on .. 

On 3/20/2021 at 3:07 AM, Casper said:

How many of you own a personal car or just use a trade car I normally keep an old run about for myself and keep my mum with something reasonable as a spare car in case my sisters car is off the road for whatever reason and also mum can use it for going to local shop etc and it always there to use for picking up my dads prescriptions etc 

When Im in the good books and have a better half lol  she normally gets something decent to drive to 

I always test drive every thing we sell Casper So i'm in anything from the latest Golf R to an Aygo PX :lol: all trade cars . 

I do have a Very Sorted Personal  600+  BHP XFR in the Garage though for Sunday lunches if we ever get back to Sunday lunch and if they are open when we do get back . , 

Today I'm in a 90k 58 plate Octavia VRS px because it was brimmed with fuel . :D

Neighbours love my old bangers, last week it was a C1 07 plate shitter , week before 05 plate Panda , cant trade a car on when the petrol's worth more than the car can you .

Lease is not for me . I like the mods far to much , If it ain't got 8 cylinders and growls I'd get bored in mins , have to open the garage door and laugh or its gone :D 

I'm old enough to know better really . But silent electric will be here soon :( sad days 

Wife's got a Skoda 245 VRS estate , she shares it with the Dog I do nick that . 

Edited by David Horgan
  • Like 2

Got to love the old shitters mate I love them can park them anywhere I normally keep an old diesel estate so I can get into the local tip etc

I’ve been driving around in an old transit connect I brought to do parcels in while setting up the business. I quite enjoy driving it.

After years of being snobby about what demo I had and driving around in a new car every 3/4 months I’m surprised of how little I’m bothered about a nice car.  However there is an attraction of not paying £500 a month company car tax for a car that then gets loaned out for weeks to a customer. 

2 hours ago, DCS01 said:

I’ve been driving around in an old transit connect I brought to do parcels in while setting up the business. I quite enjoy driving it.

After years of being snobby about what demo I had and driving around in a new car every 3/4 months I’m surprised of how little I’m bothered about a nice car.  However there is an attraction of not paying £500 a month company car tax for a car that then gets loaned out for weeks to a customer. 

Company car tax gets me annoyed.For years I was paying it plus personal fuel benefit tax based on any car from stock with a list price of up to £25k.The cars I used were usually worth about 4 grand.However pre online buying,I was doing 50k miles per year and our accountant failed to advise that I should have purchased my own car and charged the company 40p per mile.I did not find out until years later,very annoying.

3 hours ago, DCS01 said:

I just like being able to keep stuff in my car and not get a talking too if it wasn’t full of fuel and cleaned every day. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trade vet said:

Company car tax gets me annoyed.For years I was paying it plus personal fuel benefit tax based on any car from stock with a list price of up to £25k.The cars I used were usually worth about 4 grand.However pre online buying,I was doing 50k miles per year and our accountant failed to advise that I should have purchased my own car and charged the company 40p per mile.I did not find out until years later,very annoying.

That is annoying.  An on the ball accountant is worth their weight in gold.