Casper

Find Staff and business name

Although since lockdown I currently work on my own based is scotland with a group of other self employed contractors and car sales and garage business owners this may change after lockdown and covid  in the i guess not so near future but possibly in a a year or so with a second business I’m looking to set up

something that always interested me was staff advertising where is the best place to find staff for valeting mot testers driver panel beaters painter you get the idea is it word of mouth or do a lot of people use indeed jobcentre plus Facebook ads etc .. I’ve always known people hand cvs in to previous garages I’ve worked in and around wish I kept them in a folder but hindsight is a wonderful thing I guess what’s all your thoughts

just think Im getting to any age I need to start building things up doing things I’ve always thought about or wanted to try or I’ll be in a rocking chair old and greyer saying what if and should I could I sort of thing

.also if you guys have any good ideas for a car sales business mot station I’d love to hear your thoughts .. 

Edited by Casper

I've found its word of mouth in this business, things may of changed as it's been a long time since I've employed somebody and I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than do it again. 

Personally I'd do everything I can do avoid employing staff but, we all work differentlyB)

• Like 2

Facebook is great for recruiting in this day and age. Free / negligble cost and each application is swamped.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frank Cannon said:

I've found its word of mouth in this business, things may of changed as it's been a long time since I've employed somebody and I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than do it again. 

Personally I'd do everything I can do avoid employing staff but, we all work differentlyB)

1 minute ago, Rory RSC said:

Facebook is great for recruiting in this day and age. Free / negligble cost and each application is swamped.

Thanks both

The best staff are already working

You need to find where they are and tempt them with shosigers and things

Mot station

Local car wash

Etc

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, It's me said:

The best staff are already working

You need to find where they are and tempt them with shosigers and things

Mot station

Local car wash

Etc

u are of course right . And when you get the good ones you want to keep years ago I could have picked up my phone went into my contacts and had Valeters painters panel beaters mechanics In there etc in fact the same goes for most trades man plumber electrician joiner even for work about the house 

sadly there all getting older and some are sadly no longer with us and the people of my generation think nothing of a Monday off and coming in on a Tuesday likes nothing has happened .of many will let you down not turn up or promise to get to back to you and it never happens ..  sad thing is some of them could be good or are good if they put there minds to it 

Edited by Casper

Mechanics you just need to throw a pack of ham into the workshop every now and again. Feed them. Different bunch entirely, build of with rage and then leave for 0.50p an hour somewhere else. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Mechanics you just need to throw a pack of ham into the workshop every now and again. Feed them. Different bunch entirely, build of with rage and then leave for 0.50p an hour somewhere else. 

So true:D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Frank Cannon said:

So true:D

Painters are worst think they get high from the fumes :lol: