Mercftw

Insurance prices

Hello there Lads 

Was wondering what you fellas are currently paying for your Motor Trade policy as I’m due a renewal soon and just want to see what the market is like. 

currently paying £4700 with an any driver policy for trade, me and missus on for social and son 19 on for trade only. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mercftw said:

Hello there Lads 

Was wondering what you fellas are currently paying for your Motor Trade policy as I’m due a renewal soon and just want to see what the market is like. 

currently paying £4700 with an any driver policy for trade, me and missus on for social and son 19 on for trade only. 

£1,000 less , with wife and daughter + motorbikes on bussniess and social , Two high performance cars as private cars too as well as 4 private bikes . 

kids are older though 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

£1,000 less , with wife and daughter + motorbikes on bussniess and social , Two high performance cars as private cars too as well as 4 private bikes . 

kids are older though 

40 minutes ago, Mercftw said:

Hello there Lads 

Who u both using Ive been looking for an any driver policy on all my cars but also one that covers me to drive other cars fully comp for trade  social domestic and pleasure my old boss had one but not sure who it was with cant mind how it was worded was something like any friend relative associate employee part or full time or on a employee self employed or any person with permission of mr boss man so basically anyone on his so so could drive his cars from social business trade and personal and it it also stated he and his wife could drive any car with the owners permissions for all the above 

Edited by Casper

2 hours ago, David Horgan said:

kids are older though 

I tried insuring my m5 comp on my policy and for some reason they kicked up a fuss saying that it’s too high risk, even though I’ve got no restrictions and I deal in performance motors. no other car has ever had this problem. Maybe it’s because I put a private reg on it :blink:

If you don’t mind me asking who are you insured with, David?

2 hours ago, Casper said:

Who u both using Ive been looking for an any driver policy on all my cars but also one that covers me to drive other cars fully comp for trade  social domestic and pleasure my old boss had one but not sure who it was with cant mind how it was worded was something like any friend relative associate employee part or full time or on a employee self employed or any person with permission of mr boss man so basically anyone on his so so could drive his cars from social business trade and personal and it it also stated he and his wife could drive any car with the owners permissions for all the above 

I’m with Ageas, and In my first year with them they said they couldn’t do such a thing but after an error due to my insurance broker I “Requested” an any driver policy or I’m switching brokers and they were happy to accommodate at the same price... 

Im pretty sure any of our policies don’t allow us to “drive any car” as all the previous policies I’ve held state the vehicles need to be in my name or my business name in order for me to drive SDP

• Like 1

Think most do I only ever seen one policy like it and that was said boss that was back in2003/2004 time so no even sure such a policy would exist now or by who it was with no on speaking terms now after a few fall outs don’t know if any insurance companies or brokers would do it now I taxed a few cars with it for the garage or I wouldn’t have believed it myself had I not seen it with my own eyes but would love a policy like that I guess you could get anything if you pay high cost he was a wealthy guy possibly a millionaire now after selling up and retiring 

There a few on here worth speaking to @John Cook - Aston Lark And @Ashley@UKGlobal might be able to help you out sure there’s others here too but I’ve spoke to both of these guys personally and can vouch that both are extremely very helpful.. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mercftw said:

Hello there Lads 

Where are you, what size premises, unaccompanied test drives, highest insured asset.....etc

On 3/12/2021 at 11:14 PM, Casper said:

Think most do I only ever seen one policy like it and that was said boss that was back in2003/2004 time so no even sure such a policy would exist now or by who it was with no on speaking terms now after a few fall outs don’t know if any insurance companies or brokers would do it now I taxed a few cars with it for the garage or I wouldn’t have believed it myself had I not seen it with my own eyes but would love a policy like that I guess you could get anything if you pay high cost he was a wealthy guy possibly a millionaire now after selling up and retiring 

There a few on here worth speaking to @John Cook - Aston Lark And @Ashley@UKGlobal might be able to help you out sure there’s others here too but I’ve spoke to both of these guys personally and can vouch that both are extremely very helpful.. 

Thanks Casper :)

On 3/12/2021 at 6:27 PM, Mercftw said:

Hello there Lads 

I've sent you a PM.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Cook - Aston Lark said:

Thanks Casper :)

I've sent you a PM.

Welcome mate anytime