BIGNIT

Surprising £565 tax band cars

I always watch out for run of mill cars sneaking into £565 tax band that you wouldn't expect. Obvious one is the Chevrolet Tacuma 2.0 Petrol Automatic.

Came across another this week that I wasn't expecting. I got offered a Peugeot 407 SW, Diesel top spec Auto. Thought that should sell well. Turns out its a 2.7 diesel and emits 226 g/km so just sneaks into £565 a year tax band. So I declined. Whos going to pay £565 a year for a diesel estate I thought. (I know I could wait for a disabled tax qualifier, but decided against it)

Any other ordinary cars you have come across that sneaks into £565 band?

If you  bought one how did you do with it?

9 minutes ago, BIGNIT said:

Chevrolet Tacuma

What’s one of those? :lol:

There was a 2.0 turbo Zafira (not a VXR) that from memory snook in at 227. 

SOME automatic SAAB convertibles (I assume you’d say 9-3s are ordinary) sneak in at a few more grams over the threshold. 

Edited by BHM

PT Cruisers, I used to sell a few of those but, watch out for post 3/06.....faded memories now. 

Some bigger Zafpigs, small petrol Jags too, may as well go large on those. 

That PSA diesel V6 is a thirsty old mill, hence the high CO2. I had a C6 took me by surprise on the rent, wonderful car though. 

4 minutes ago, BHM said:

What’s one of those? :lol:

There was a 2.0 turbo Zafira (not a VXR) that from memory snook in at 227. 

SOME automatic SAAB convertibles (I assume you’d say 9-3s are ordinary) sneak in at a few more grams over the threshold. 

Well bugger me sideways that's timely, I've a lady wanting to chop in a late 9-3 turbo cabby next week, thanks for the heads upB)

That is why a 2016 E Class is worth more than a 2017 model car for car ;)

I got offered a Tacuma (small mpv) a few years ago. Luckily I looked at the co2. Have seen them sell at auction for £300 and thought someone is in for a nasty surprise.

Did get caught out on a Saab 9-3 aero auto I took in px a couple of years ago. Fortunately the customer I sold it to didn’t ask/care about the tax. Car was £1999

Edited by David Ayers

Volvo XC90 - prime example. 

Earlier Freelander 2 heavy  on road tax than the 2010 or after.

But they still sell. 

Couple of oddballs we've had that are £565 taxers were a Subaru Tribeca and Nissan Murano.

Both petrol auto 3 litres, or maybe 3.5l. Both an acquired taste in the looks department but in their defense very, very nice places to be for sub 5k, all the toys, comfy seats and had that lovely 20 mpg wafty lazy drive. 

Both sold very quickly.

With the Saabs, you’d expect it to be just the Aeros etc but no, the 2006+ base 1.8t autos are up there too.