basildon car sales

Getting really worried.....why am i so quite....any advice aperciated

7 hours ago, GreenGiant said:

*Bites tongue*

...do not get involved...... do not get involved...........

go on GG let it out we don't want you turning into Red Giant

• Like 1

Long time lurker, first time poster, but this has to be said...

Your website is a ****** disaster. It's like whoever designed the site just vomited code on a page and published it, your copy is full of amateurish grammatical, punctuation, and spelling mistakes. If I was in the market for a car I would have closed your page within 30 seconds of opening the tab before I even browsed your stock. 

We operate in a digital age, and to the rest of the world outside a 1 mile radius, this is your showroom, and it looks like it's run by a 14 year old.

Incidentally if you want to invest in a good website without the dreadful copy I can point you in the direction of a few good professionals.

Edited by James Baggott
Swearing. Also this is getting close to bullying - play nicely or play somewhere else
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Cocacolonoscopy said:

Long time lurker, first time poster, but this has to be said...

Your website is a fucking disaster. It's like whoever designed the site just vomited code on a page and published it, your copy is full of amateurish grammatical, punctuation, and spelling mistakes. If I was in the market for a car I would have closed your page within 30 seconds of opening the tab before I even browsed your stock. 

We operate in a digital age, and to the rest of the world outside a 1 mile radius, this is your showroom, and it looks like it's run by a 14 year old.

Incidentally if you want to invest in a good website without the dreadful copy I can point you in the direction of a few good professionals.

Don't Hold Back :D:D

No polite way of saying it, my dad always used to say "If you're gonna be a bitch, be the whole bitch"

EDIT:

The more I look at this, the worse it gets.

"

When buying a car from us you will receive

All Cars Come With Standard 3 months warranty & can be upgraded at costumers cost.

Full 60 Point Check of The vehicle

7 Days Drive Away Insurance (T&C APPLY)

Full Car Valet

12 Months Mot (T&C APPLY)

ALL CARS HAVE A ADMIN FEE

ALL DEPOSITS ARE NON REFUNDABLE !!!

We also

Arrange Finance with all major lenders

All Major Credit and Debit Cards Accepted

We also are Fca regulated and have a Ccl Licence

"

Firstly this makes absolutely no coherent sense. 

"when buying from us you will recieve all cars come with a ......."

If you're going to use a header then don't restart the sentence. It should just say 

When buying from us you will recieve;

A standard 3 month warranty 

etc

FCA and CCL should be capitalised. What shouldn't be capitalised is that bullshit about admin fees and non refundable deposits. Also it's "an admin" not "a admin". Why is that shit before the finance and credit debit bits. It's the stuff that should be small print. 

FML I could do this for hours

Edited by James Baggott
More swearing

if I was a punter looking for a car as soon as I saw the admin fee bit , I would tut ,mutter robbing b#*^t#rd under my breath and click off your site.

50 minutes ago, Cocacolonoscopy said:

No polite way of saying it, my dad always used to say "If you're gonna be a bitch, be the whole bitch"

Thank god you have been just a lurker. You sound just plain rude. 

I think lots of advice has been suggested for this businesses website via here and AT Forum but not much has changed. 

I also think the person who has written it has possibly got a problem with writing maybe dyslexic or something so would not want to be so harsh.

If that is not your strong point get someone else to help.

39 minutes ago, jamslug said:

Thank god you have been just a lurker. You sound just plain rude. 

Dude wants to know what's going wrong for him, I'm not going to pat him on the back and say "there, there, it'll all be OK, maybe it's just bad luck". What's the point in that? He needs a massive overhaul of his online presence, and to understand that it isn't just a patch up job, it's a burn it to the ground and start again job. 

I met Danny the night before CDX16 ! We chatted most of the evening with a couple of friends ..I think i remember saying to Danny " we have probably 150 years joint experience :) , listen to us , WE ARE TRYING TO HELP YOU " 

He promised us that things will change , all we can do is trying to guide him - rest is down to him as they say " you can lead a horse ...."

DANNY... It's ALL down to YOU as i said ' Action speaks more than words ' ! 

• Like 1

A person who constantly ask for your advice, yet always does the opposite of what you told them!
  • Like 2

Everyone thanks for the advice believe me I aperciate it massively I am acting on it not just words actions.

sorting out my new website as we speak Iv told blue sky is they don't get there act together and sort it I'm moving to g forces.

regarding the spelling mistakes I have got dyslexic like genuinely no bullshit there so my new website I just outed the content.

apart from the website what does everybody else think of the stock priceing etc.

i do aperciate your help and I don't get   offended by the truth.

Just for the record Rory I am trying.

kind regards dan

• Like 2

If you have dyslexia then getting someone to write up the site is the best bet. We all have strengths and weaknesses and if we can people to assist with the parts we struggle with thats half the battle.

Try clickdealer if the other website companies are not getting things done quick enough for you, with some of the nice stock you have a clickdealer site will look brilliant.

I've been closely monitoring this thread. This site is for friendly advice - and I mean friendly. As I've said in the edit above - play nicely, or play somewhere else. Just putting it out there...

• Like 4

Well said James totally agree with that sentence.

On 5 June 2016 at 0:30 AM, basildon car sales said:

Everyone thanks for the advice believe me I aperciate it massively I am acting on it not just words actions.

sorting out my new website as we speak Iv told blue sky is they don't get there act together and sort it I'm moving to g forces.

regarding the spelling mistakes I have got dyslexic like genuinely no bullshit there so my new website I just outed the content.

apart from the website what does everybody else think of the stock priceing etc.

i do aperciate your help and I don't get   offended by the truth.

Just for the record Rory I am trying.

kind regards dan

Well done Danny, it's not easy doing everything yourself and it's not easy accepting criticism which you have done graciously.

As Umesh quite rightly said, if you listen to the experienced guys & girls on here you won't go far wrong!

As for the lurker you don't fancy having a wee go at Autotrader do you? Just kidding 

Best of luck Danny and as I said before help is only ever a phone call away

Jim

On 4/10/2016 at 11:01 PM, basildon car sales said:

Hi everyone I'm really stuck don't know what to do. Business is really quite been like this for a month but don't know what more to do we stock typically 4o german cars as thats all we deal in. But the phone is not ringing at all and I'm getting really worried.

i brought 9 cars from the bmws sale in nottingham baca in mid febaury over 100k worth of cars not even a single call on anyway getting really worried now. also brought some mercy around the same time but still no calls i see few supermarkets cheaper then me but as I'm in deep essex i don't think it will matter to much but just for the record they are 

BIG MOTORING WORLD

CAR GIANT 

but i advertise on eBay,auto trader,motors and I'm really getting worried about this stock i brought etc. what am i doing wrong ???

if someone can take the time out to please look at my site or search our cars on auto trader from a fellow trader to trader it will help a lot.

many thanks in advance.

www.basildoncarsales.co.uk

basildon car sales

ss14 3au

01268 2800 40

kind regards 

I've passed your pitch many times and you have some great cars and the Basildon Car Sales brand stands out. You say 'the phone is not ringing' but have you done an audit of search traffic to your website? How much traffic does Google send to your website? Is there a correlation between the drop in phone calls and search traffic to your website? If you're getting healthy search traffic to your website but no calls it would suggest there's a problem with the website. Developing an audience on Facebook would be a idea, but that's a medium/long term strategy. 

Small point, but there is a typo on your website home page Lender!

Cheers.
Gary. 

Hey, came passed your site today on the way to Rayleigh; plenty of shiny motors. Hope things are going well?