LSP Vehicles

Commercial Traders

Just wondering, are you finding the (auction) price's of vehicles during this "lockdown" is worse than before?

I'm seeing things go at pretty much retail! Just leaves me scratching my head, like surely you can't make money on that! Had my eye on a couple of Caddy Maxi's yesterday, highish milers and the hammer priced, I thought was just crazy. I mean it's not like there's a shortage of commercial vehicles out there. I get that builders and likes are prob busier, but I'd be putting that money towards a luxury holiday once this pandemic is over rather than an over priced van lol

Just making sure im not missing a trick, or missing out :lol:

I’ve realised of late that if I want to stay in the game I’ve got to pay good money. I’m paying well over book at nearly everything I buy. I always hear stories of the ones they’ve nicked when I wasn’t there. Hard times and it’s not getting any easier.

non stop with vans delivering crap and all these vans have to come from somewhere,its bloody bedlam with them out on the streets

Bought a Transit Custom 17 reg with 64k in excellent condition for £8500 including fees (plus vat) back in May 2020, I have not been able to find one that low priced with a similar story. Bought a few customs since then. I bought one mid January 2021, 65 reg with 45k grade 3 with little body damage for 10500 plus vat delivered to the door. That's 2k above the 17 plate a year on. Bought another custom on Wednesday 15 plate with 49k for 8600 plus vat which was a little more sensible Autotrader reccomend £11994 retail plus vat. Only thing is I've risked it and bought a grade 4, on photos only one bit of body pointed out that requires paint osf wing. Fingers crossed the rest of it will be ok. 

Also been buying Caddys they are about 1k to 1.5k from about 10 months ago.

1 hour ago, Frank Cannon said:

Personally I think all the guides are way off, retail IS the new CAP clean;)

This!

We are not overpaying, the guides are out of date?

Just sold a Transit Custom 65 plate, 45k for £12495 plus vat. That's almost 2k more than a 17 plate 10 months ago. Customers aware of the price increase, they need a van and they are happy to pay the premium. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, LSP Vehicles said:

Just wondering, are you finding the (auction) price's of vehicles during this "lockdown" is worse than before?

I'm seeing things go at pretty much retail! Just leaves me scratching my head, like surely you can't make money on that! Had my eye on a couple of Caddy Maxi's yesterday, highish milers and the hammer priced, I thought was just crazy. I mean it's not like there's a shortage of commercial vehicles out there. I get that builders and likes are prob busier, but I'd be putting that money towards a luxury holiday once this pandemic is over rather than an over priced van lol

Caddys are the latest street cred thing to have though , so that doesn't help them , Know a guy who will pay eye shattering money for any caddy going , Then pays £1,000 to have it wrapped in violent colours :o, lowering kit on to slam it to the ground and adds 2k on top , takes him less than two days to sell them , 80/90/120 k motors he cant buy em fast enough . 

15 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

I am hearing popular commercials (transit, sprinters) are going abroad ?

Main agent I deal with does commercials too, any vans, good, bad and the ugly are going off to Ireland....the buyer there can't get enough and isn't at all fussy and, I mean buys anything. 

23 hours ago, LSP Vehicles said:

I mean it's not like there's a shortage of commercial vehicles out there.

There bloody well is, although reading the comments above I guess you now know that.

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

Caddys are the latest street cred thing to have though , so that doesn't help them , Know a guy who will pay eye shattering money for any caddy going , Then pays £1,000 to have it wrapped in violent colours :o, lowering kit on to slam it to the ground and adds 2k on top , takes him less than two days to sell them , 80/90/120 k motors he cant buy em fast enough . 

I make 1.5k to 2k on a caddy without doing all that. :-)

On 2/5/2021 at 12:52 PM, LSP Vehicles said:

My observation. 

While I set the car business up I have been out working for Hermes, seeing as there as a massive increase in self owned delivery drivers I am presuming that, that is driving up some of the demand and with limited supply it’s a perfect storm 

I’ve recently had 5 4x4 pick-ups (L200s, Rodeos), all about £6Kish retail so not new. Absolutely loads of interest, plenty of peasantry thinking I needed to take bids but all sold full-up to people who understand the market (i.e. pay up or get sweet f.a.).

41 minutes ago, A & S said:

I make 1.5k to 2k on a caddy without doing all that. :-)

He has a production line though , sells 3 a day 6 days a week , his thing is he will buy anything , any condition , any mileage. has a good gaff going at present , new wheels , wrapped , lowered , out of the place with a turn round of three days , off to a fine art . 

vans are bloody mad price at present though aren't they  , 

I’m lucky to get a turnaround of a fortnight

24 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

He has a production line though , sells 3 a day 6 days a week , his thing is he will buy anything , any condition , any mileage. has a good gaff going at present , new wheels , wrapped , lowered , out of the place with a turn round of three days , off to a fine art . 

vans are bloody mad price at present though aren't they  , 

Thats some going / doing. 

On 2/5/2021 at 4:39 PM, Rory RSC said:

Shortage of cars, commercials, everything.  

You say that,but looking at the classifieds, I'd say there isn't a shortage for the public buyers. Although if traders are buying them, then I guess people are paying the retail!

9 hours ago, David Horgan said:

He must have been the guy who paid £4k for a couple of 12plate 150k plus caddy maxis !

Then again, I dnt know the industry, market as well as most/all here so guess I'm just showing my inexperience lol

What has come to mind is that alot of car dealers are becoming van dealers. More people want a slice of the cake.

17 hours ago, BHM said:

I’m lucky to get a turnaround of a fortnight

Luxury.....

8 hours ago, A & S said:

What has come to mind is that alot of car dealers are becoming van dealers. More people want a slice of the cake.

YupB)

Very low stock of 6 month old and pre reg Transporters. 

Factory order is the way to go at the moment and even then they are delayed. My new van was supposed to be here last month, doubt I'll see it till March. 

As for older used vans, I sold our 2014 100k miles binged up caddy swb for £7500

Last week sold our 2012 95k T5.1 LWB day van/camper (no poptop, he's paying extra for me to fit that) for £23k  it has a ton of spec and features coming out of its arse. 

I have a brand new T6.1 with a fresh high spec Conversion going to a main dealer this week on SOR at £55k. They have no factory campers in stock! 

• Like 1