Sign in to follow this  
Rory RSC

April 2016

Don't really like these threads as I think there a bit of a ******* competition but what I will say is yesterday was good, which makes the month of April good, following on from a good March and Feb. Now then, that's nothing to shout about apart from the fact it's been done without AT since Jan. It takes a leap of faith and sometimes I feel like Phil Mitchell drinking OJ in the Queen Vic but so far so good.

• Like 1

Ebay has been exceptional for us last 2 months as well, definite increase in enquiries and sales and I've been on there for 6 years.

Ticking over this month, 19 I think so far, just wish we could get that consistency back where we don't have consecutive blank days.

Another 1 today, Facebook lead from a £5 advert I put on Wednesday, car only came in yesterday. 

Yesterday's sale was an autotrader enquiry via email, and tomorrow I have an appointment at 11am from an eBay enquiry, so could complete the set advertising portal wise! If only they were all equal value!!

Edited by SC Derby

Advertised a very nice £18,500 edition 35 yesterday evening. Deposit over the phone at 8am and driven away by about 3pm today.  That does not happen very often. 

4 hours ago, GreenGiant said:

Ok I'll ask:

Still quite what?

baffled as to why he was suspended from posting for a couple if weeks?

Edited by Phil H

Poxy iPad or was it me .... Yes quiet. But 1 more today. It was another forum my permission to post was removed, well it was more like being sent to the headmaster but I couldn't be bothered to visit.

I dont think numbers are that important here as each dealer is very different in size, so a 4 might be good for some dealer where as 4 would be hang yourself time for another. 

the general theme however does appear it is a bit of a rocky month, roll on May

Its all about the RIGHT Numbers .. as the old saying goes ..

"turnover is vanity, profit is sanity, cash is a reality"

in reality no point in volumes if the profits aren't there! 

• Like 2

Well said Umesh, anyone can be a busy fool. We are having a quiet month but at least we don't have the £5000 AT bill to pay, or is it because we don't have the £5000 AT bill to pay that we are quiet?? crystal balls anyone!!!

• Like 1

We dropped our stock on AT to 7 in March....sold a fair few units......upped the stock to 40 in April sold over 30......even though it pains me to admit AT does work for us and has done for over 27 years.Started advertising on GT last week,sold one within 12 hours so they all work in there own way....This month  GT (1) Ebay (9) AT (22).

3 hours ago, TD said:

We dropped our stock on AT to 7 in March....sold a fair few units......upped the stock to 40 in April sold over 30......even though it pains me to admit AT does work for us and has done for over 27 years.Started advertising on GT last week,sold one within 12 hours so they all work in there own way....This month  GT (1) Ebay (9) AT (22).

As I've said numerous times If it works and it ROI Then you have to pay the AT bills and keep selling , when it doesn't work and you're simply 'on there' because you think you're missing out - time to pull the plug. ! So pleased its working for you !, thanks for sharing your insights :) ! 

5 hours ago, whitestone679231 said:

Well said Umesh, anyone can be a busy fool. We are having a quiet month but at least we don't have the £5000 AT bill to pay, or is it because we don't have the £5000 AT bill to pay that we are quiet?? crystal balls anyone!!!

Its that 'Catch; Do I ? Don't I ... Its the unknown ! :) ! 

I don't think we have broke 10 yet but close to breaking even. It does seem a bit busier this week though.

Had a really strong start to the month on 17 half  way through then the end of the month was very slow ended on 21 and no calls to day or appointments.

down 6 on last year April.

Nic

This job is strange , Started the month great .. then almost to a stop then #BOOM ! Best month in 10 Years ! Over the moon :) well chuffed ! Just hope the momentum carries on ..Ah well into May now .. start all over again ! 

• Like 2