Sign in to follow this  
Rory RSC

April 2016

Absolutely flying start to the month here how is everyone else getting on?

Nice and steady as usual, can't complain as this year is ticking along nicely!

• Like 1

March was a record breaker, April is going that way too. Long may it continue.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, jamslug said:

March was a record breaker, April is going that way too. Long may it continue.

Have you still ditched autotrader?

On 4/9/2016 at 4:56 PM, Phil H said:

Have you still ditched autotrader?

I have indeed. Best thing I have ever done.

• Like 2

I'm going to gradually start reducing my autotrader package, and try rotating my stock weekly on it to begin with, possibly having 25 cars on say and 10 not on AT, and then on every Friday remove ten and re advertise the other ten.

TBH I have a feeling this will work, firstly it's quite common to receive strong interest when you first advertise a car. Secondly when you remove a vehicle you often get an enquiry along the lines of 'where has you vauxhall x gone?'.

Also gonna consider this new Motors offer, they have a pull out after 3 months and if I sold no cars in that 3 month period I would only have spent £585, so hardly a bank breaking amount!

Worth a try anyway, AT bill this morning £2952 incl vat.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SC Derby said:

I'm going to gradually start reducing my autotrader package, and try rotating my stock weekly on it to begin with, possibly having 25 cars on say and 10 not on AT, and then on every Friday remove ten and re advertise the other ten.

TBH I have a feeling this will work, firstly it's quite common to receive strong interest when you first advertise a car. Secondly when you remove a vehicle you often get an enquiry along the lines of 'where has you vauxhall x gone?'.

Also gonna consider this new Motors offer, they have a pull out after 3 months and if I sold no cars in that 3 month period I would only have spent £585, so hardly a bank breaking amount!

Worth a try anyway, AT bill this morning £2952 incl vat.

Motors does work to be fair for the amount it costs its worth doing. 

That AT bill is horrendous! 

• Like 1

It's just too much, can't justify that, fair enough it's for their '5 week month' but it just needs to stop somewhere, starting now.

How many cars do you have on AT Craig?

I would not have balls to drop them. They bring in our leads as much as it pains me to say it and I certainly don't like the bill. 

34, now reduced to 28 (not counting bargains). At the end of the day if it goes tits up I can just ring them up and up my stock. Sometimes I will have 5-6 spaces either with due in cars or with cars I've sold and not replaced so it may not affect me that much. Plus I have done loads and I mean loads of eBay the last few months. My sale this morning, £5.5k car - eBay.

On a secondary note, anyone any experience of Mazda cx-7s with the 2.3T petrol engine? I had one in this morning which I have sold within an hour but it is smoking heavily, all internet investigations point to turbo which seem very common on these, is this the likely cause?

Extremely understanding customer given me 10 days to sort it, so want it done and dusted in that time.

Dead yesterday, and I mean dead. But done one this morning and got a test drive at the minute, as well as 2 collections, so shaping up better.

Been a very steady April for me thus far.

We were dead yesterday aswell. Only one nutter out asking what our best price was so he could go away and think about it. 

Also had a request for full refund following a car purchased 2 weeks ago because the parking sensors have stopped working (not didnt work at time of sale) and the air con is not very cold so it therefore of unsatisfactory quality. I did not expect much from a letter that started 'I am writing to....' but I thought to reject a car you could have at least called us and asked us to fix the minor issue on the 2007 Galaxy with 96k miles. 

Currently have a 1.8 TDCI Focus that won't start with air in fuel system following fuel filter change and a customer that has travelled from London to view the car..... 

Now 4 and close to a 5th, we did have to take a 2007 Seat Leon FR in px £500 ..... It's had a hard life.

8 hours ago, Steve92 said:

Now 4 and close to a 5th, we did have to take a 2007 Seat Leon FR in px £500 ..... It's had a hard life.

Must have had a hard life - whats wrong with it?

15 hours ago, RS Car Sales said:

Must have had a hard life - whats wrong with it?

Side skirt missing on one side, dent in the boot, light cover missing bumper un clipped, needs 2 tyres and dent in the door. Needs a bloody good clean and there must be more aluminium in the tin cans inside the car that the car is made from. No idea if it has an mot .... That's the good,

123k, abs unit has gone but has left every light on the dash, which also tells you to check the coolant. Which you can but you need a dipstick as its full of oil - oil cooler failed ..... 

The really good, it has the VW nav that you could remove and recover 50% of its purchase price back 

now on 5 !

• Like 1

Done 17, been off autotrader 2 yrs now, most is walk ins, newspaper & Ebay classifieds really picking up. EBay did only just about be worthwhile a couple of yrs ago but coming into its own now.