Sign in to follow this  
metcars

Stolen Mercedes

Did anyone read the item about the £7k Merc stolen from a dealership? I don’t mean to be unsympathetic, but they need a bigger lock on the key cabinet?

• Like 1

Yes I read the article and whilst I feel sorry for them, it is very slack management.

In several companies, I think probably 20-30 sites, I have used Paul Smith from Traka Automotive, their customer service is first class as are their systems. Get in touch with him, a good key management system is worth its wait in gold, not just in terms of security, but also productivity and customer service. The cost of techs and salesman running around looking for keys is massive! 

My Lidls 2 litre Vanilla Ice Cream container still works very well, obviously you would want to keep Merc keys in a Waitrose Ye Olde English Cornish Clotted Cream Vanilla Ice Cream container but, should work ok? 

Edited by Frank Cannon
  • Haha 1

:lol: Mine are kept in an empty tub. Wilko 50 Wild Bird Fat Balls if you’re interested.

9 minutes ago, BHM said:

:lol: Mine are kept in an empty tub. Wilko 50 Wild Bird Fat Balls if you’re interested.

What, even the Mercedes and Ferrari ones?

2 hours ago, BHM said:

:D

2 hours ago, metcars said:

What, even the Mercedes and Ferrari ones?

:lol:

2 hours ago, BHM said:

Wild Bird Fat Balls if you’re interested.

Sounds like some of the women I see around these parts... 

Yes I read the article and whilst I feel sorry for them, it is very slack management.

In several companies, I think probably 20-30 sites, I have used Paul Smith from Traka Automotive, their customer service is first class as are their systems. Get in touch with him, a good key management system is worth its wait in gold, not just in terms of security, but also productivity and customer service. The cost of techs and salesman running around looking for keys is massive! 

Makes me laugh Dealers will have several million pound showroom, several million of stock and a peg system for keys !

We are all guilty of it but isn’t it a shame though that when a theft occurs the victim is blamed in one way or another?

Slack management or not, an unguarded key box (or an empty Persil washing tablet tub :lol:) or just a momentary slip-up, the c*** to blame is the thief & in the case of this piece of shit court clearly isn’t a deterrent. Off, Hands & Cut are three words that spring to mind.

13 hours ago, BHM said:

We are all guilty of it but isn’t it a shame though that when a theft occurs the victim is blamed in one way or another?

Slack management or not, an unguarded key box (or an empty Persil washing tablet tub :lol:) or just a momentary slip-up, the c*** to blame is the thief & in the case of this piece of shit court clearly isn’t a deterrent. Off, Hands & Cut are three words that spring to mind.

B)

But, the usual excuses will be wheeled out, broken home, vulnerable (what ever that means anymore) some sort of habit other, than getting up each morning to do a job of work.

The sentences being handed out are criminal in themselves....that lady copper whoose nose was hanging off by a thread of skin etc.....ffs a small fine and community service painting fences, IF they turn up. 

I make no apologies for sounding old fashioned but, where there is no punishment, there is no deterrent. 

Edited by Frank Cannon

Sounds like  ‘care in the community’ isn’t working? 

19 hours ago, BHM said:

Even the victorians, who had ‘brutal’ levels of judicial punishment (sending starving kids to Australia for stealing apples?) still had streets that you couldn’t walk at night without a sword? Look at the US, look at how highly populated death row is, the threat of capital punishment is not a deterrent?

33 minutes ago, metcars said:

Sounds like  ‘care in the community’ isn’t working? 

Even the victorians, who had ‘brutal’ levels of judicial punishment (sending starving kids to Australia for stealing apples?) still had streets that you couldn’t walk at night without a sword? Look at the US, look at how highly populated death row is, the threat of capital punishment is not a deterrent?

But how much worse would those streets be if there was no capital punishment? 

As for those who attack the emergency services they are the scum of society and should be subjected to a similar level of mindless violence to themselves. Some twenty or thirty year old ambulance driver who is going to work to save lives should not even have to think about whether they may get stabbed on their shift. :angry:

1 hour ago, Martin F said:

As for those who attack the emergency services they are the scum of society and should be subjected to a similar level of mindless violence to themselves. Some twenty or thirty year old ambulance driver who is going to work to save lives should not even have to think about whether they may get stabbed on their shift. :angry:

There was a time when people like this were put in hospital, now that’s uneconomic and are left to self medicate in half way houses/care homes. 

Theres always been nutters, weirdos, chancers, grifters, conmen, and opportunists etc.  I’m not saying it’s right, I’m saying that’s life! That’s how it’s always been?  Nothing new? And I’d rather not have to carry a sword on my evening trip to the chicken shop unless I really have to! Unless its like the sword ‘Conan the Barbarian’ had. Then I could dispatch the oiks and ruffians when me and lady met take the night air? :D

Edited by metcars

1 hour ago, metcars said:

There was a time when people like this were put in hospital, now that’s uneconomic and are left to self medicate in half way houses/care homes. 

I’m not sure those who attack the emergency services personnel are only the ones a few slice short. I think unfortunately it is yet another consequence of the lack of respect for others (and their property) that some people have today.

4 hours ago, Martin F said:

I’m not sure those who attack the emergency services personnel are only the ones a few slice short. I think unfortunately it is yet another consequence of the lack of respect for others (and their property) that some people have today.

Absolutely

5 hours ago, metcars said:

Then I could dispatch the oiks and ruffians when me and lady met take the night air? :D

Isn’t the English language a pure joy :lol: