David Horgan

best price offers make me laugh during lock down

just had a chat with one lady who asked for " whats your best price via email " 

I rang her and she was adamant that we should be discounting cars because of covid 19 . When I asked why she went rambling on about keeping people moving was our duty as we had the cars , we wasn't selling many due to lock down , we were probably getting grants , staff on furlough anyway so we should sell cars for less money and stop being greedy . 

I asked what the best price should be then on the £12,995 car she desired her answer was whatever the customer could afford to pay you for it , So I pushed again , Give me a price YOU can afford then on that basis , £8,000 she said , I asked her why she didn't look for an £8,000 car if that's the case . 

She called me a money grabbing horrible man and clicked off . 

Stupid Cow 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

just had a chat with one lady who asked for " whats your best price via email " 

I rang her and she was adamant that we should be discounting cars because of covid 19 . When I asked why she went rambling on about keeping people moving was our duty as we had the cars , we wasn't selling many due to lock down , we were probably getting grants , staff on furlough anyway so we should sell cars for less money and stop being greedy . 

I asked what the best price should be then on the £12,995 car she desired her answer was whatever the customer could afford to pay you for it , So I pushed again , Give me a price YOU can afford then on that basis , £8,000 she said , I asked her why she didn't look for an £8,000 car if that's the case . 

She called me a money grabbing horrible man and clicked off . 

Stupid Cow 

It’s interesting that they don’t see themselves as ‘money grabbing customers’?

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, metcars said:

t’s interesting that they don’t see themselves as ‘money grabbing customers’?

I tried that one , she was having none of it .

just had another lady on now . 

Do you buy cars , Yes we do if you have what we sell 

14 Kia Ceed 90 k on clock , only we buy any car are shut and i want to sell it . 

Anyway she starts rambling about how cars are hard to buy for us so she is in the trade and knows it books at £3,600 apparently , due to that problem we have she wants no less than £4,000 , Its a petrol Ceed in red , two weeks MOT and it was serviced when she bought it :lol:

I said have you seen that Dragons Den Show ? Yes she said . " Well I'm OUT " was my reply :lol: 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

The offers we are getting are between 23% less than ask up to a couple at 40%. they seem to think we are desperate sellers, although sales is shut my mechanic is working starting cars etc and answered the phone today, customer bought a car December 2019, done 30k miles since purchase but due to them being furloughed, partner lost job, they have done no maintenance failed its MOT on 2 tyre's and and front pads and dics, as they have not used it much !!! they think we should pay because even thought it came with 12 months mot (no advisories) it was obviously not fit for purpose complained to finance company, waiting their response just hope it is polite

2 hours ago, Ratt101 said:

The offers we are getting are between 23% less than ask up to a couple at 40%. they seem to think we are desperate sellers, although sales is shut my mechanic is working starting cars etc and answered the phone today, customer bought a car December 2019, done 30k miles since purchase but due to them being furloughed, partner lost job, they have done no maintenance failed its MOT on 2 tyre's and and front pads and dics, as they have not used it much !!! they think we should pay because even thought it came with 12 months mot (no advisories) it was obviously not fit for purpose complained to finance company, waiting their response just hope it is polite

Beggars belief, you watch these shows like "The Sheriffs are coming" and someone has spent 2K on a car and expect it to be like brand new. I don't know how you Guy's selling the sub 5K units cope with this crap, as the courts will always side with the customer. 

I think if I was offered 40% less than the asking price I would ask them which half did they want!

Had one recently.... 2012 Plate Zafira.... cheap, reliable-ish. New test.

Customer Calls:

Hi calling about the zafira on your website, I'm looking for a very safe car. I've three kids you know?!

Me: Yep all our cars are inspected prior to sale plus this has a new test.

Customer: Great, what's the lowest you'll go on it.

Me: Our stock is advertised to sell. Its advertised at our best price.

Customer: The advert says it has 4 New chunky tyres, How much will you do it for without the tyres.... (She had a 2005 Zafira and wanted to somehow use her old tyres)

She wasnt even joking..... the lockdown loony brigade.

Too many punters sat all day looking at cars they can afford, but when they realise they’re shite they then start looking at more expensive cars.

It doesn’t matter if their real budget is £800 or £8000, they start looking at ones 25-50% more expensive & convince themselves they can own it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BHM said:

It doesn’t matter if their real budget is £800 or £8000, they start looking at ones 25-50% more expensive & convince themselves they can own it. 

very very true . 

9 hours ago, Daz said:

How much will you do it for without the tyres...

Bloody hell . love to have took the tyres off and presented her the car on the rims :lol:

17 hours ago, Ratt101 said:

Dec 19 with 30 k and its your fault somehow , Total idiots they are , Finance wont wear that pal don't worry 

13 hours ago, Daz said:

Customer: The advert says it has 4 New chunky tyres, How much will you do it for without the tyres.... (She had a 2005 Zafira and wanted to somehow use her old tyres)

Should of told her she'd get a bigger discount without the wheels, then put it up on bricks.

Many years ago when I ran a west end site, I had a well known hairdresser walk in, although I didn't have a clue at the time. Flounced in with his obnoxious Mrs and demanded to see a Director, so I met with them. Wanted to buy a unit which was limited in supply and I could sell unit several times over, demanded a discount because of who he was and it would help us sell more units. I explained I can't get anymore units and couldn't give him a discount when I don't give any other high profile people discounts as it doesn't make financial sense, he didn't grasp it and the wife was giving me hell. Off they went and complained to HQ about me and the Distributor, they got the same answer!

I was very tempted to say "do you need a discount, because you can't afford it", but managed to bite my tongue. 

4 minutes ago, petrol head said:

Many years ago when I ran a west end site, I had a well known hairdresser walk in, although I didn't have a clue at the time. Flounced in with his obnoxious Mrs and demanded to see a Director, so I met with them. Wanted to buy a unit which was limited in supply and I could sell unit several times over, demanded a discount because of who he was and it would help us sell more units. I explained I can't get anymore units and couldn't give him a discount when I don't give any other high profile people discounts as it doesn't make financial sense, he didn't grasp it and the wife was giving me hell. Off they went and complained to HQ about me and the Distributor, they got the same answer!

I was very tempted to say "do you need a discount, because you can't afford it", but managed to bite my tongue. 

With that sort of sense of entitlement it could have been a “social media influencer?”

1 hour ago, metcars said:

With that sort of sense of entitlement it could have been a “social media influencer?”

This was around 92 from memory, social media didn't exist then. One of those grade 3 celebs...............

• Like 1

Love the Car Gurus leads : whats best price.....now they joined up with Piston Heads those customers can be a nightmare , more like Piston Headaches lol 

53 minutes ago, Holmfirth Cars said:

Love the Car Gurus leads : whats best price.....now they joined up with Piston Heads those customers can be a nightmare , more like Piston Headaches lol 

I always answer whats yer best price with and increase . 

£8995 on screen , Then this follows ; 

Well my best price is £9,295 thank you ,:P

Just now, David Horgan said:

I always answer whats yer best price with and increase . 

£8995 on screen , Then this follows ; 

Well my best price is £9,295 thank you ,:P

I thought that was just me, or "whats wrong with it then" 

They never buy anyway when the first line whats the best price .

So i have a laugh with them :lol:

Others are ; 

Whats so offensive with the price then ? 

For customers shopping above their budget we offer Finance . 

I can get that car to £212 a month but do call me for a quote to match your budget 

Its Sold 

Got two offers on the car , both ABOVE screen .

Go on then Make my day , Tell me what you can afford 

mmmmmm ok I've decided the question is rude 

If your serious make an offer , if you dont hear back its because i'm rolling about laughing . 

Absolute loons at the moment, woman emailing about an Aygo at £3500, wants the lot on finance and then trying to chip us for £100, what is that gonna do to her monthly payments? sweet fa!

C19 really has brought the stars, characters and IQ challenged out hasn't it:D

I've bought one (1!) car this month, need lots more and people are telling me it's a buyers market for cash today.... .cash meaning cards or one week to rinse an ISA out. 

2 hours ago, david gott said:

Absolute loons at the moment, woman emailing about an Aygo at £3500, wants the lot on finance and then trying to chip us for £100, what is that gonna do to her monthly payments? sweet fa!

£2 a month David = 1.75 litres of petrol , 6 eggs , 3 mars bars , loaf of bread " unless its Asda then 9 Loaves ;)

Means the kids don't starve :lol: 

Complete bloody idiots at this moment in time 

25 minutes ago, Frank Cannon said:

more and people are telling me it's a buyers market for cash today

Bet they will  wish they'd bought now as when the lockdown ends all these happy go lucky cash offering loons will get left behind as prices rise to meet short supply and high demand . 

see it coming cant you , nothing moving into auction , no main dealer PX moving , No private sellers with anything bar junk ,and yet we have these fools are offering us 30% off bids . for well prepped fully serviced cars 

• Thanks 1

The £100 off the aygo on finance is just her thinking I should ask for something off, its just how they are, I get round this by just ignoring / changing subject or, if pushed, by saying we'll if you want £100 off, then so do I, okay to put the old 3mm tyres back on ?

Cash, it Will be cash, like said, takes them 3 days to draw it out ! Then watch them count it out in front of you ! Shit themselves, "now then 20 40 60 80 100, check that " :lol:

Then someone opens door and money blows all round office :D .

Very rare someone pulls a wedge out nowadays, and if they do, its a well worn wedge;)

2 hours ago, Frank Cannon said:

cash meaning cards or one week to rinse an ISA out. 

75% of PAYE people have absolutely no understanding of what a cash deal is.

28 minutes ago, BHM said:

75% of PAYE people have absolutely no understanding of what a cash deal is.

I'll have to admit, I'm one of them, in the sense when some says "cash today" I'm like, as opposed to what, Bitcoin?

Just had an email. Car up for £2995 said he would pay the full price but want's to pay £2000 today and let me have the £995 in 6 months time!!