Sign in to follow this  
Mercftw

Motor traders allowed to prep?

Hi there lads was wondering if someone could help me with this one; so I know we’re allowed to sell our cars through click and collect but in terms of prepping the cars where do we stand. 

Are we still allowed to go out and send off V62s, still go on road tests, go pick up parts etc 

23 minutes ago, Mercftw said:

Hi there lads was wondering if someone could help me with this one; so I know we’re allowed to sell our cars through click and collect but in terms of prepping the cars where do we stand. 

Are we still allowed to go out and send off V62s, still go on road tests, go pick up parts etc 

Yes, it’s work you cannot do from home 

If work cannot be done from home then yes you can go to work , 

Road testing cars is permissible under the its being road tested for safety , picking up parts is part of the servicing of cars which is permissible , Sending a V62 off will be dealt with so that's ok .

We run car sales which is shut obviously , but our workshop is still open , we are on site due to that being open , just a closed sign on the showrooms door and a chain across the cars that are outside . 

53 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

and a chain across the cars that are outside

surely that will scratch the paintwork :lol::lol::lol:

12 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

surely that will scratch the paintwork :lol::lol::lol:

OK its close to the cars :lol: devils in the detail on grammar I see , I promise to concentrate better in future :lol: