Sign in to follow this  
Phil K

Fiat 500 auto

I’ve had a lady call tonight to ask me if I will buy her Fiat 500 auto with very low mileage. I said I’d pick it up tomorrow as I don’t like to mess people around and I like to give a yes or no straight away.

I’m just worried about retailing as it’s an auto and I hear lots of horror stories about these. I’ve got it at a good price so thought I might send it to the block with a couple others I have this week. Anyone had any experience of these? Shame as it’s a lovely car ready to retail. I just like a proper auto 

The 500 auto is actually a manual gearbox with a robot bolted on to operate the clutch and gear selectors - "Dualogic".  Even Toyota and Honda couldn't get this design of gearbox to work reliably so Fiat have no chance. They are clunky at the best of times. The 500s they sent to the US had proper 6 speed autos......

If the car is nice you can get someone to hook up Multiecuscan and read the clutch degradation data and the hydraulic line pressure. That will give you an idea of transmission condition. If its good then retail it. There are always buyers for small autos...

Hi Phil,can you send me details as well as your location,would be interested if you want to trade,thyanks,Peter......sales@oldfielldsautos.com 

12 hours ago, Halfpenny said:

f the car is nice you can get someone to hook up Multiecuscan and read the clutch degradation data and the hydraulic line pressure. That will give you an idea of transmission condition. If its good then retail it.

/\ /\ /\ This :)