Sign in to follow this  
Daz

City Auction Group

Anyone use this company?

With the current Brexit situation the appeal to import cars from England has pretty much dried up. 

Yet Northern Ireland doesnt have the same taxes and charges. So I emailed CAG looking to open an account and once I submitted proof of Trade they sent me this,

"Hi Darragh,

Thank you for sending over all those details.

We have reviewed all the details and on this occasion to open an account  a £1000 sterling deposit would need to be taken and to be held for three months until regular buying pattern is confirmed

If this is something you would like to go ahead with please do let me know"

Is it just me or is this a bit Cheeky, £1000 of my money (and plenty others) sits in their account for 3 months regardless what I buy. 

The first thing that came to mind was what happens if they go into liquidation in the next few weeks due to further restrictions.

Well, newbies have to prove themselves. I remember when my local BCA Enfield would require £500 deposit per bidding number for blue/silver cards. That was per vehicle so if you were after 6 cars then 6x £500? Obviously if you didn’t buy then you’d get the money back at the end of the day but it took a few days to come back. They had two sales, Tuesday and Thursday, so effectively your deposit money would sit there all week? Until you bought twelve cars of course.

Are City Auction Group any good?

I understand there will usually be a deposit required until you have built up a good relationship with the auction house.

But 3 months is an awful long time to hold this deposit. And it doesnt come off any cars bought. You could float your company for a few months by holding onto everyone's £1000.

I mean I have an account with BCA where I have access to buy hundreds of cars without any deposit. 

Ok, are CAG worth it? Because they obviously think they are? 

Got a certain somebody / group / partnership written all over it.  Theme, template, T&C, Located at Corby, basically anything overage they can't shift is on it.

14 hours ago, Earunder said:

Got a certain somebody / group / partnership written all over it.  Theme, template, T&C, Located at Corby, basically anything overage they can't shift is on it.

I am pretty sure they are a NI company and not connected to any other auction house. I remember reading about them when they bought the Rockingham site a few years back.

They could be great, I really dont know. And I guess I wont know either due to their current policies. 

I could just be becoming a money auld tight arssssse since this is the worst January in history

I've recently set up an account with them and no depo needed.  They want you to buy and need you to buy just speak to someone senior and tell them you are not someone to be messing with / take a bit more seriously etc :lol:

• Thanks 1

On 1/9/2021 at 7:29 PM, Daz said:

Anyone use this company?

With the current Brexit situation the appeal to import cars from England has pretty much dried up. 

Yet Northern Ireland doesnt have the same taxes and charges. So I emailed CAG looking to open an account and once I submitted proof of Trade they sent me this,

"Hi Darragh,

Thank you for sending over all those details.

We have reviewed all the details and on this occasion to open an account  a £1000 sterling deposit would need to be taken and to be held for three months until regular buying pattern is confirmed

If this is something you would like to go ahead with please do let me know"

Is it just me or is this a bit Cheeky, £1000 of my money (and plenty others) sits in their account for 3 months regardless what I buy. 

The first thing that came to mind was what happens if they go into liquidation in the next few weeks due to further restrictions.

They might be hoping , just say your not prepared to drop that money with under these conditions and the fact they are new to you as you are to them . 

I buy cars and pay for them as i do normally . Do you wish to sell them to me , is the question isn't it  

• Like 1