Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, chris willbourne cars said:

if we are operating click and collect  is the customers journey to collect their new /used car classed  as  essential travel ? 

Yes its perfectly legal 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Holmfirth Cars said:

is it classed as a distant sale if they turn up and see the car before they buy it ?? 

Who knows? The DSRs are like the Lockdown rules aren’t they - open to interpretation.

I’d of thought a distance sale is simply someone who pays from afar & has it delivered but that’d be too simple. 

Do everything by phone & just tell them to visit when they’re cashed-up & ready to deal. Whether or not they’re travelling essentially is up to them, not me. The f***ing supermarkets are packed to the gunwhales with Joe Public bouncing into each other so I won’t be sweating it out over the regulations about a couple of punters per week visiting to me to view in the open air stood metres away from me.

I guess there must be loads making a success of click & collect sales, probably with newish cars, but on my ‘oldies but goldies’ I have no intention of finding out.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chris willbourne cars said:

thanks David , that question was asked by a concerned customer

Send them an invoice via email , so they have a document to show if stopped , that makes it very very legal and takes the guess work out of it . 

Makes customers feel all cuddly and safe to travel . 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a business you’re actually prepared to give written advice to customers stating they are ok to travel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, BHM said:

As a business you’re actually prepared to give written advice to customers stating they are ok to travel?

if they have the order form or invoice they are committing to click and collect , so can travel yes . 

had one guy last lock stopped by police from leaving Cardiff and he shown the copper the order form and he said that's fine sir .

If click and collect is legal its obvious they have to travel , i just confirm they have the invoice to prove it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 1/5/2021 at 12:55 PM, BHM said:

As a business you’re actually prepared to give written advice to customers stating they are ok to travel?

:blink: my thought exactlyB)

I really can't work out how 'click and collect' is much different from turn up and buy....unless it's just the fact you can't try your new car 'on'...like Pri'mani....

I had to collect something bought from Argos, from my local Sainsburys and, I had to wait 15 minutes along with all the 'waiting to be offended, maskless, jogging bottom clad, egg stained, pasty faced and pastie eating fatties' breathing down my arse crack....don't often see a lean 'n mean healthy sort maskless or is that just me? 

 

I say that as a 24 carat bloater myself but, do have the manners to wear a mask, pointless or not....as a caveat I don't have egg stains down my front....I scrape them off before going out in public.

Edited by Frank Cannon
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Frank Cannon said:

:blink: my thought exactlyB)

I really can't work out how 'click and collect' is much different from turn up and buy....unless it's just the fact you can't try your new car 'on'...like Pri'mani....

I had to collect something bought from Argos, from my local Sainsburys and, I had to wait 15 minutes along with all the 'waiting to be offended, maskless, jogging bottom clad, egg stained, pasty faced and pastie eating fatties' breathing down my arse crack....don't often see a lean 'n mean healthy sort maskless or is that just me? 

 

I say that as a 24 carat bloater myself but, do have the manners to wear a mask, pointless or not....as a caveat I don't have egg stains down my front....I scrap them off before going out in public.

I like your style Frank! 

Can anyone advise with Click and collect if it's permissable to meet customer off site so they can have a look over and drive if all masked up and windows open etc? I think the answer is still no but why not? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2021 at 12:38 PM, David Horgan said:

Send them an invoice via email , so they have a document to show if stopped , that makes it very very legal and takes the guess work out of it . 

Makes customers feel all cuddly and safe to travel . 

Exactly this , helps weed out out the messers too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Huggins said:

I like your style Frank! 

Can anyone advise with Click and collect if it's permissable to meet customer off site so they can have a look over and drive if all masked up and windows open etc? I think the answer is still no but why not? 

I would ask your insurance company first!

I for one wouldn't do it.

However if you are operating click and collect and the goods are being collected, already paid for, then they are on 14 day test drive.

If you aren't taking any payment then it's not click and collect is it.

Maybe the question should be. If a customer was interested in a car and it was at my mechanics could a customer look at it, but not drive it? In which case I doubt you would be breaking any rules, although they might.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.