A & S

Lockdown sales

Hi guys, what are you guys doing for car/van sales? I mean we are working on click and collect/deliver basis only, no viewings or test drives prior to handover. 14 day money back rule. 
Reason why I am asking is because there are garages advertising viewings and test drives, is that allowed? If so how?

1 hour ago, A & S said:

Hi guys, what are you guys doing for car/van sales? I mean we are working on click and collect/deliver basis only, no viewings or test drives prior to handover. 14 day money back rule. 
Reason why I am asking is because there are garages advertising viewings and test drives, is that allowed? If so how?

In Tier 3 they can offer viewings and test drives but not in Tier 4.

Edited by Row

Naming no names but there’s a few dealers around me that have ignored the rules from day one and haven’t stopped trading as usual.

1 hour ago, Lakeside said:

Naming no names but there’s a few dealers around me that have ignored the rules from day one and haven’t stopped trading as usual.

We've got some like that round here.

4 hours ago, Bmx Bandits said:

It’s definitely allowed in Tier 4. It could just be that they have not updated their adverts/website. 

Thought tier 4 is click and collect/deliver only.

They Sneaked this update in 21 dec !

Travelling out of a Tier 4 area

You must stay at home and not leave your Tier 4 area, other than for legally permitted reasons such as:

• travel to work where you cannot work from home
  • travel to education and for caring responsibilities
  • visit or stay overnight with people in your support bubble, or your childcare bubble for childcare purposes
  • attend hospital, GP and other medical appointments or visits where you have had an accident or are concerned about your health
  • to provide emergency assistance, and to avoid injury or illness, or to escape a risk of harm (such as domestic abuse)

The full list of exceptions will be published in the Regulations.

Travelling into or out of a Tier 3 alert level area

Avoid travelling outside your area, including for overnight stays, other than where necessary, such as:

• for work
  • for education
  • to access voluntary, charitable or youth services
  • because of caring responsibilities
  • for moving home
  • to visit your support bubble
  • for a medical appointment or treatment

Where necessary, you can travel through other areas as part of a longer journey.

Edited by have a word with the wife

10 hours ago, A & S said:

We've got some like that round here.

Thought tier 4 is click and collect/deliver only.

Tier 4 is click and collect only, I blame my predictive text or possibly the new bottle of whiskey I opened yesterday after work. It was very moorish :lol:

Edited by Bmx Bandits
  • Haha 1

Probably a bit late to ask this, but why are they ‘tiers’ instead of ‘levels’?

On 12/30/2020 at 10:01 PM, Lakeside said:

Hopefully Karma will Come back to haunt them. It’s because of to$$ers like them we are in this position. This country seems to be partly full of selfish brainless morons 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can you honestly blame them after the pisspoor weak & indecisive governance we’ve all received? 9 months of clutching at straws but politically too frightened to take a strong line.

Only a couple of days ago the Tiers were adjusted again then just half an hour ago we were told it’s lockdown time again, which I assume(?) renders the Tiers obsolete.

It’s just a regular stream of mixed messages. Apart from seeing tonight’s prime minister’s briefing I’m afraid I’ve stopped taking much notice.

Edited by BHM
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BHM said:

Can you honestly blame them after the pisspoor weak & indecisive governance we’ve all received? 

Only a couple of days ago the Tiers were adjusted again then just half an hour ago we were told it’s lockdown time again, which I assume(?) renders the Tiers obsolete.

It’s just a regular stream of mixed messages. Apart from seeing tonight’s prime minister’s briefing I’m afraid I’ve stopped taking much notice.

Oh it’s been terrible. And I think it’s been on purpose to blame the public not this shower.

What irked me was the comment from day one.  It was pretty clear then.  

People can still go to work, if they can't do thoer job from home etc, so from where I'm sitting has anything really changed bar not meeting anyone else from another house hold? 

F*cked if I know now, it's more confusing than a VAG buyer. 

• Haha 1

On 1/5/2021 at 6:16 AM, Frank Cannon said:

People can still go to work, if they can't do thoer job from home etc, so from where I'm sitting has anything really changed bar not meeting anyone else from another house hold? 

F*cked if I know now, it's more confusing than a VAG buyer. 

:lol: