Sign in to follow this  
Barclaywoodmotorco

Auto trader packages 4 levels ?

Good morning ladies and gents 

please could you give me your opinion on the auto trader packages , without intruding on your own businesses.

I have been on advanced listings package and website for a about 4 years 16 cars with bargain cars ,

stands me in about £2455 a month including VAT.

as i have been really quite 10 days a go called  AT at boosted it up to premier the top package over £3000

i have not noticed any difference at all , in fact its has been really shit this month,

i dont even know what the bottom two levels are called but i am thinking about trying the cheapest package 

and see if it even makes a difference at all !!!!!

my stock profile is vw golfs vw polos , most of my stock appeals to first time drivers or families , between 

£3000 and £20,000 k .mainly 5 door small hatchbacks .

many thanks and happy chrimbo 

I went from the standard package down to the starter package in Jan of this year, no difference at all. Then went up to advanced in October as a test and sold less that I had in previous months. Now back onto standard package and have been arguing with Autotrader on a weekly basis as they believe I need to spend more money with them to sell more..... even though the advanced package made no difference, if not is was worse. 

Also, if everyone is on the higher packages, nobody has an advantage? It's just Autotraders way of squeezing more money out of you. 

1 hour ago, Mikey360 said:

I went from the standard package down to the starter package in Jan of this year, no difference at all. Then went up to advanced in October as a test and sold less that I had in previous months. Now back onto standard package and have been arguing with Autotrader on a weekly basis as they believe I need to spend more money with them to sell more..... even though the advanced package made no difference, if not is was worse. 

Also, if everyone is on the higher packages, nobody has an advantage? It's just Autotraders way of squeezing more money out of you. 

thanks for the reply

when its quite its quite , chucking more money at them greedy bastards wont make any difference , except to your pocket.

17 hours ago, Frank Cannon said:

Just like fishing......if no fish about doesn't matter how big your bait ;)

Love this.

@Barclaywoodmotorco  do you do videos on your website / Autotrader?

I wouldnt put more money into AT in a month like december to boost sales. it's normally one of the quietest months in the year. if its dead on sales, concentrate on Advert improvement rather than just spending more. Videos, updating photos, price checking etc. if all that is in hand, sit tight and they will come when they've stopped worrying about being ready for Xmas. 

• Like 1

We are on the boosted package and to be fair has not been too much of a change complained with AT they chucked in a new part exchange valuation tool foc can’t complain but getting anything back out of them is a bonus