Barclaywoodmotorco

Dead as disco

Hi ladies and gents 

it is so dead  at the mo, i know its lockdown but gone from selling 30 a month to four.

anyone else quite.

hope your all fit and well !!!

Edited by Barclaywoodmotorco

15 minutes ago, Barclaywoodmotorco said:

Hi ladies and gents 

it is so dead  at the mo, i know its lockdown but gone from selling 30 a month to four.

anyone else quite.

hope your all fit and well !!!

Not bad here actually , considering its slow four so far DEC , two booked in tomorrow and two Monday .

It is slow though as we usually do two a day and three on Sat without working Sundays , two tomorrow is because were chasing numbers this month

hope it picks up for us all , but its Christmas so don't hold your breathe , be a rush in Jan so don't panic 

• Like 1

In the lockdown, was offering click and collect/deliver was hard work done 3, we also do about 30 a month. Lockdown has been lifted been mental today, had a first appointment at at 9am, I got up late @ 8.30am as didn't get much sleep night before (as took my son to airport early hours night before) Took cereal with me to work, didn't eat that or a cup of coffee/tea until 2.30pm. (15 minute beeak) Done 4 today saw 12 customers today and phone not stopped ringing all day. Hopefully a few more tomorrow. Happy with that. This month needs to make up for last month me thinks.

Edited by A & S

this weekend is the first weekend  that  the public have access to ALL shops being open in the high street

there is only a few weeks left to Christmas as all of November was not open to buy stuff

there have been major high street collapses ( arcadia and Debenhams) so this is the fist weekend  there  closing sale prices have been on offer to the public

bit of uncertainty about Brexit and Covid19

Its a perfect storm basically, ..............i think the phrase is "i am on me arse"

I suspect the 25th of December is higher in many (although not all thankfully) people’s priorities than cars. 

Certainly a lot of negativity. 

Keep in there guys we'll get through this.

What else would we do?

58 minutes ago, BHM said:

Negativity?

BHM, it's early on a Sunday morning, I'll rephrase that to uncertainty due to Covid and Brexit. But hey sold 2 cars this morning and one appointment this afternoon. 

Makes me wonder if we’re all so quiet who on earth is paying these extortionate auction prices? I haven’t been able to buy for weeks.

Edited by Lakeside

12 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

Makes me wonder if we’re all so quiet who on earth is paying these extortionate auction prices? I haven’t been able to buy for weeks.

haha doesn't make sense does it , Auction prices are high as a kite , Customers are Christmas shopping after a lock down , what few are looking offer 50% of asking price via an email fingers crossed wish . 

I called ones bluff the other day , £14,495 car , email will you consider £13,000 as this is my max budget ? 

I said yes , its Christmas lets go for it . Er oh its wrong Colour sorry :o pity i was going to say its been sold  when they arrived . 

had another today , Sun , on an Adam , lovely thing it is , Oh i don't like it mummy the roofs dented . ITS BLOODY GLASS YOU TWAT . Another one in 10mins on a Scirocco then I'm going 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

You’d have to answer ‘Yes’ a hundred times to these email bidders before one actually tried to complete the deal. 

Good month last month but last week was absolutely dead, barely remember the phone ringing. 

Had to brave the cold and get the golf clubs out instead! 

1 hour ago, BHM said:

You’d have to answer ‘Yes’ a hundred times to these email bidders before one actually tried to complete the deal. 

To be honest i use emailers as a source of entertainment when i'm bored at coffee time :lol:

Had one last week , Vitara , Q

Q is it still available ? :angry:gets blood boiling that one does , No you idiot i pay to advertise sold cars for fun 

A YES 

Q can i take pictures of the underneath ,

A ; NO 

Q , Does it come with leather option ? 

A , Its pictured with cloth its 9 years old , Leather seats are on Ebay if you wish . 

Q , Can I leave a refundable deposit as travel up Sat as were teachers and as you know its difficult at present 

A Sorry its SOLD customer just walked in and bought it , on its way to Boston Lincs as I type :lol:

That was the actual way it went down too , She did answer saying she thought we were dealing and the car was her's .

hahaha

6 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

is it still available ? :angry:gets blood boiling that one does , No you idiot i pay to advertise sold cars for fun

To be fair some dealers do this.

I know Nik has said he does it if he doesn't have the stock to fill his quota.

Or, like me, you forget to take them off!

Not too bad here, opened Wednesday and was busy with November handovers and test drives from people who wouldn't travel through lockdown. End of last week was slow but weekend was mad, 10 sales so far from December from 35 in stock. If I can finish on 25, same as last year I'll be happy

I think there is a crash coming, but happy to be wrong.

Certainly the lumpy stuff has dropped a lot over the last month or two, in terms of demand and prices.

1 hour ago, petrol head said:

Certainly the lumpy stuff has dropped a lot over the last month or two, in terms of demand and prices.

I’m worried you could be right and this is why I refuse to buy overpriced stock at the block at the min. I don’t want to end up in negative equity with a load of stock I can’t shift that I’ve paid to much for. It’s all about playing the game at the min I think, I picked up a load of bargains just after the first lockdown ended and managed to shift most of them for top money when the demand shot up. Still got enough left to tie me over for now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, petrol head said:

Of course there is.  Last few months I've met quite a few bright-eyed wet behind the ears laddies telling me how great business is going. I just nod and smile. There's a hard economic winter coming for sure. I'm praying they get a Brexit deal done. A no-deal Brexit with tariffs and a falling pound on top of Covid will just about totally f'ck this country. No need for car dealers if half the population are out of work and can barely afford a pair of shoes!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RH Trading said:

Not too bad here, opened Wednesday and was busy with November handovers and test drives from people who wouldn't travel through lockdown. End of last week was slow but weekend was mad, 10 sales so far from December from 35 in stock. If I can finish on 25, same as last year I'll be happy

We had a very similar week, started slowly but got busier as the week went on, just hope now most of our enquiries from lock down have been worked through/dealt we don’t grind to a complete halt. 

• Like 1

I think you have to measure your self against what you did last year............................what XYZ motors up the road is doing is not helping you pay your overheads, The only competition you have  is 2019..................... i should  meet or just touch ahead of last year so cant complain

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

I think you have to measure your self against what you did last year............................what XYZ motors up the road is doing is not helping you pay your overheads, The only competition you have  is 2019..................... i should  meet or just touch ahead of last year so cant complain

Normally i would 100% agree i am a die hard growth fan, units profit margin advertising everything gets a microscope over it, however i cant see how you can possibly draw a parallel with 2019, we where closed open closed half open didnt know if we where open or closed half the time plus a lot of businesses benefited from grants and the option to borrow large amounts of money that might not have been available before ect just way to many factors to try and say we did ok or didnt.

For me if your still trading healthy and have the option to continue trading your doing well. 

3 hours ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

I'm down on numbers from 2019 but up on profit so happy days.