have a word with the wife

Carzam comes to town !

carzam is now "open" !

All the very best to Mr waddel, and his team, having watched the car dealer videos during the last :rolleyes: lockdown, I loved the way Mr waddel came across, (we are car dealers not bean counters) and his set up, some feedback to the website, just my opinion, photos, interiors of some cars are still showing damp on seats, yes l know that some material when gone over with valeter piles goes in a different direction, and looks damp, but some I spotted that they were cloth and damp, love the service history view, maybe a little more detail when carzam do the final check with a link to the pre purchase check ?

The turntable view, might be my computer, but car goes round that fast I thought it was going to fly off :P

Online, is the future ? I have to buy mine online, but my customers won't buy off me online ( every business  is different) whats not helping is police on the tier 2 border stopping cars, making checks and misusing anpr cameras, and big coverage of this on tv news and online editorial but that's a different story for a newer thread.

all the best :)

Personally i still think the majority of used car buyers will want to see , touch , feel and sit in , before making a choice ,

We know every used car is a completely different beast isn't it . New cars may well go online as they are as near the same as can be .

Used cars are not . 

I hear every one talking about selling online but in reality we are all like yourself buying online because we have no choice , but selling online to Joe Blogs is a different entity altogether , we've had a few but its not entirely a remote sale as they ring , make appointment and arrive , even those few who have paid upfront over lockdown have gone over the car as they do before leaving as I must admit I would do the same . 

I have talked to customers about buying online and have not met one who would dare spend any sort of money without seeing it onsite , none wished to wait for it to arrive by lorry and thatys the stumble block in my opinion for used cars , they have no idea whats arriving , even the 14 day money back offer is the min legal distance sale they have to offer anyway so just made to look good 

They are not car dealers  as he said and are without doubt bean counters  for as long as it works . 

cant knock them for trying though , 

Hi David,how have you done whilst closed for the Month?we stock about 50 low mileage bread and butter cars,and sold 10 during Nov. on click and collect etc.we were a bit disapointed with those figures but asking/looking round simmilar dealers,this seems to be an average.In april we bought a large fibreglass covered car trailer and a lovely old shogun to tow it safely,thinking we could be quite busy with on line/deliveries,but we haven't used it as much as we thought,has been handy to collect cars bought from auction tho.!!

39 minutes ago, peter..o said:

Hi David,how have you done whilst closed for the Month?we stock about 50 low mileage bread and butter cars,and sold 10 during Nov. on click and collect etc.we were a bit disapointed with those figures but asking/looking round simmilar dealers,this seems to be an average.In april we bought a large fibreglass covered car trailer and a lovely old shogun to tow it safely,thinking we could be quite busy with on line/deliveries,but we haven't used it as much as we thought,has been handy to collect cars bought from auction tho.!!

Two sites we run peter , one for performance stock and one for bread and butter stock .

Small runabouts sell on click and collect ish , still want to see and feel the car , so its more like deposit , look  , pay and takeaway , not click and collect :rolleyes:

Sports stuff , its very different for obvious reasons , those customers want to see the car , hear it , sit in it , drive it , just as i would , 

One set of customers want transport , the other type is interested in cars . simple as . 

Nov saw good sales on a wishy washy click and collect system  , no deliveries though , we haven't time really and most expect free delivery which wont happen here ,  we stayed open though due to the workshop being allowed to open , so that helped as we were on site as normal .

i had two enquiry about delivery 200 miles away free was their request , both sold before the emails were completed regarding them traveling , they never learn :D sit on their arse expecting it to turn up free and lose out , makes me laugh . 

If we all start delivering we will regret it next year when its busy and we haven't got time or the costs get to high . want it fetch it or I'll sell it to someone else . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here I found really impressive updates about the cars through the information we able to get the missing parts from the right place for our car. Thanks for Assignment Masters update here that would be quite useful and helpful to all.

On 12/4/2020 at 9:40 AM, David Horgan said:

Personally i still think the majority of used car buyers will want to see , touch , feel and sit in , before making a choice ,

We know every used car is a completely different beast isn't it . New cars may well go online as they are as near the same as can be .

Used cars are not . 

I hear every one talking about selling online but in reality we are all like yourself buying online because we have no choice , but selling online to Joe Blogs is a different entity altogether , we've had a few but its not entirely a remote sale as they ring , make appointment and arrive , even those few who have paid upfront over lockdown have gone over the car as they do before leaving as I must admit I would do the same . 

I have talked to customers about buying online and have not met one who would dare spend any sort of money without seeing it onsite , none wished to wait for it to arrive by lorry and thatys the stumble block in my opinion for used cars , they have no idea whats arriving , even the 14 day money back offer is the min legal distance sale they have to offer anyway so just made to look good 

They are not car dealers  as he said and are without doubt bean counters  for as long as it works . 

cant knock them for trying though , 

Same. Cars are rather different to tins of beans or t-shirts online has a while to go yet with used cars. Many of us guy's the supermarkets and the franchises are in the same online space with similar offerings and established physical sites with good reputations. 

1 hour ago, ritat wright said:

Rita Wright is a B2B marketing director at ExportHub. Which is the best online b2b marketplace helping small businesses connect internationally. For more visit hong kong b2b marketplace

Hong Kong a good mkt then :lol:

Yes sir the Fiesta 1.25 of course we can deliver to Hong Kong , yes that's correct £4,995 for the car , £5,000 delivery  + taxes :D

3 months warranty yes sir , but its a return to base warranty that ok 

But do remember the warranty will of expired when it gets to you at Christmas :huh: