MrC

V5 dvla issues

Anyone else having V5 issues. Bought two personal vehicles one in August and a bike about 6 weeks ago. No V5 for either yet, I even filled out a V62 and send the V5C for the  car five or so weeks ago.  Still nothing has arrived. 

7 weeks it took for me to get my last V5. Just not good enough in 2020.

Keep checking on https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/  and one day it will show it has been issued then expect it in the post a few days later 

52 minutes ago, Scooby who said:

7 weeks it took for me to get my last V5. Just not good enough in 2020.

Keep checking on https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/  and one day it will show it has been issued then expect it in the post a few days later 

Just checked both and its not looking good. 

No doubt they will blame covid

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, metcars said:

Maybe covid is affecting computer systems now? :(

Don’t tell Trump :lol:

• Haha 1

Same as everyone else, did speak to them eventually - basically if it has to be manually processed its just in a pile, eventually gets done - but you just have to wait....they won't do anything other than tell you to wait....

I wish I had the same problems. I brought one off a customer and held off the transfer to trade until my finance payment cleared to her....somehow without the V5 she managed to put me down as the owner and the log book was in my name within 10 days. DVLA have then fined me for the car not being taxed despite a letter to them explaining.

On 11/10/2020 at 5:05 PM, DCS01 said:

I wish I had the same problems. I brought one off a customer and held off the transfer to trade until my finance payment cleared to her....somehow without the V5 she managed to put me down as the owner and the log book was in my name within 10 days. DVLA have then fined me for the car not being taxed despite a letter to them explaining.

what is she hiding here

surely she would have put the car to you as in trade

I would fight this if paperwork correct

On 11/10/2020 at 5:05 PM, DCS01 said:

She did it online and put you down as a new civilian keeper... 

.....but without a V5? 

On 11/10/2020 at 4:27 PM, Willoughby said:

Same as everyone else, did speak to them eventually - basically if it has to be manually processed its just in a pile, eventually gets done - but you just have to wait....they won't do anything other than tell you to wait....

It’s the ‘Covid inertia’ effect?

8 hours ago, Frank Cannon said:

.....but without a V5? 

Not even civilian. Down as the company name. I have no idea how. I had the v5 and gave her the yellow slip for peace of mind. Luckily I have sold it to one of my dads customers who wasn’t about the owner but it’s a b@ll ache to get the fine back.

16 hours ago, It's me said:

what is she hiding here

surely she would have put the car to you as in trade

I would fight this if paperwork correct

Im pretty sure she wasn’t hiding anything. 20ish young woman. I checked her ID. I paid her finance after getting the settlement of Fiat when she was there. All very odd 

On 11/12/2020 at 3:14 PM, DCS01 said:

Not even civilian. Down as the company name. I have no idea how. I had the v5 and gave her the yellow slip for peace of mind. Luckily I have sold it to one of my dads customers who wasn’t about the owner but it’s a b@ll ache to get the fine back.

Im pretty sure she wasn’t hiding anything. 20ish young woman. I checked her ID. I paid her finance after getting the settlement of Fiat when she was there. All very odd 

maybe she played the key worker approach 

thinking on I sorned one of my cars for winter and the refund for the tax was in my company name ,previous times itsalways been my name,probablysomething to do with dvla workers working from home as many still are

Edited by It's me

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 7:03 PM, MrC said:

Anyone else having V5 issues. Bought two personal vehicles one in August and a bike about 6 weeks ago. No V5 for either yet, I even filled out a V62 and send the V5C for the  car five or so weeks ago.  Still nothing has arrived. 

Seems DVLA have upped their game. Just received notification (within 2.5 weeks of submitting an application) that they are to issue my V5 next week. Hopefully they have got on top of the back log and back to somewhat normal processing times

If you are applying for a V5 a letter has to be sent out to the previous registered keeper.

If they do not reply within 6 weeks a new V5 issued. 

On 11/12/2020 at 6:43 AM, Frank Cannon said:

.....but without a V5? 

Customer probably had a copy with the doc reference number and wanted to get her tax back.

On the plus side had to manually send a private plate transfer in to Dvla. Back within 7 days

The DVLA  are definitely on the ball lately.   Did a plate transfer and got the new v5 in 3 days.  Also sent a v62 off and got the new v5 within 5 days.

All the v5 we are doing online , for new customers,  seem to be issued with a week

Bloody hell got one I have been waiting for today. 16th August we bought the car!