A & S

Click and Collect

Has anyone done any deals today on click and collect or deliver. Its going to be a hard one to convince buyers to buy.

We have great reviews on Google and auto trader, an excellent package before handover with a comprehensive warranty but I think its still going to be tough unless joe public get desperate. 

Also does anyone have a copy of the relevant paperwork regarding right to cancel etc?

I was meant to be getting a copy from Lawdata Ltd yesterday by email,  nothing has come through. One more job today, chase up for paperwork. 

Thinking about it, Never used to have pdi checklist form either think I need to get one if them aswell.

8 hours ago, A & S said:

Has anyone done any deals today on click and collect or deliver. Its going to be a hard one to convince buyers to buy.

We have great reviews on Google and auto trader, an excellent package before handover with a comprehensive warranty but I think its still going to be tough unless joe public get desperate. 

Out of interest why do you think it  will be tough?

1 hour ago, MarkTVS said:

Also does anyone have a copy of the relevant paperwork regarding right to cancel etc?

Worth having a look at a very helpfull post by Law Jaw March 20th explaining the very same thing.

It will all depend on the customer type, like many dealers I've had customers buy unseen purely from video, images, reviews etc, they either paid in full and collected or had the cars delivered ( And pay to have them delivered!). 

Not all customers are will do this as some NEED to see, touch, and they simply will not buy but we have to think there are many that will buy, after all where ever they go they won't have a choice as this is the ONLY way to buy. 

Or take a deposit and hold the car until after lockdown ( when ever that may be!) last time I had about 6 customers who did that and waited until they could see/collect.ALL collected and had paid in full prior to collection. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, umesh said:

It will all depend on the customer type, like many dealers I've had customers buy unseen purely from video, images, reviews etc, they either paid in full and collected or had the cars delivered ( And pay to have them delivered!). 

Not all customers are will do this as some NEED to see, touch, and they simply will not buy but we have to think there are many that will buy, after all where ever they go they won't have a choice as this is the ONLY way to buy. 

Or take a deposit and hold the car until after lockdown ( when ever that may be!) last time I had about 6 customers who did that and waited until they could see/collect.ALL collected and had paid in full prior to collection. 

February is a long time for them to wait Umesh :lol: My prediction is in.

2 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

drop us an email and we'll send it to you free knowledge@stormcatcher.co.uk

1 hour ago, A & S said:

I was meant to be getting a copy from Lawdata Ltd yesterday by email,  nothing has come through. One more job today, chase up for paperwork. 

Thinking about it, Never used to have pdi checklist form either think I need to get one if them aswell.

drop us an email and we'll send it to you free, knowledge@stormcatcher.co.uk

13 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Out of interest why do you think it  

Sometimes hard enough to sell with a viewing, a test drive, 6 months warranty as standard, 12 months mot and a service.  With click and collect there's no viewing or test drive, a car is the next biggest purchase from buying a house for a lot of people so I think people would like to view before they commit although they have 14 days to return the car.

It being a defined 4 weeks, I think a lot of people will just hang on and wait. Whether the "pent up demand" if/when we're out of lockdown makes up for the drop, I doubt it.....

1 hour ago, Paul C said:

It being a defined 4 weeks, I think a lot of people will just hang on and wait. Whether the "pent up demand" if/when we're out of lockdown makes up for the drop, I doubt it.....

I think it will, it in the last lockdown 

7 hours ago, A & S said:

I think it will, it in the last lockdown 

It’s slightly different this time. It’s only for 4 weeks, the novelty of furlough has worn off for PAYE men sat at home bored for months, there are less on furlough than last time, there’s no more refunded holiday (etc.) money to spend, it’s winter & we’re heading to Christmas.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BHM said:

It’s slightly different this time. It’s only for 4 weeks, the novelty of furlough has worn off for PAYE men sat at home bored for months, there are less on furlough than last time, there’s no more refunded holiday (etc.) money to spend, it’s winter & we’re heading to Christmas.

Plus the people that were sacked and then re employed on shittier contracts?

Spent this morning working a deal on a Kuga , Plonker self props herself online , chooses Mallard because shes well over done on the loan side , 

Long story short , two and fro me n Mallard , she gets a deal . 5yrs , at a rate higher than she applied but justified because of credit history . 

shes coming to collect , invoices raised , bank details confirmed , shes been looking for a Kuga for  WHILE , saw this one on the front yesterday and loved it . 

rang me to confirm 2.30 pm would be ok . Yes thats fine .

THEN the text comes .

"Hi David "

"sorry to mess you about but my partner has seen the KUGA and its the wrong Size . :lol:"

Question ? ;;Has any of you fine chaps got a different size Kuga you may want to move on :lol:as there's a complete bloody lunatic not far from us who might just well want it :angry:though I'm not sure if its a smaller or larger version shes after but I know where it wants shoving :o

Women, know your place ! :D

Seriously though had the same messers last week  messages to and fro etc, what they forget, and I know, is time is money, and I bet you were going in earlier, quick vac out, run up for five minutes, floormats shaken out, etc, your not alone :)

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

"sorry to mess you about but my partner has seen the KUGA and its the wrong Size . :lol:"

My experience with women leads me to believe she’ll be wanting something bigger :o

47 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

Seriously though had the same messers last week  messages to and fro etc

Loads of absolutely mental idiots emailing looking for; mega discounts / free delivery / assurances of no rust on 12yr old 4x4s / shit trade ins / alleged “trade deal mate” / cambelt? / service history details/ a life / a chat with a strange man / anal sex (possibly).

I don’t know what on Earth has happened these last few days. I’ve got a handful of cars but every loon, chancer, desperado, liar, bullshitter, big talker & gimp (probably wearing a rubber mask) has taken to the Internet. The last time I got so many non-enquiries was last Christmas Day when a £600 p/x BMW hit the Internet & every decent, respectful & hardworking Romanian in the country bombarded my email & FB account. Truly delightful :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m on the understanding that all car dealers should be closed except for click and collect?

On a drive around town today every local trader to me seamed to be still open as usual, customers wandering around the pitch, tailgates up etc. 

19 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m on the understanding that all car dealers should be closed except for click and collect?

On a drive around town today every local trader to me seamed to be still open as usual, customers wandering around the pitch, tailgates up etc. 

Definitely shouldn't be inviting customers to your showroom/forecourt. Surely with tailgates open they are doing exactly that. We have offered click and collect to 4 customers today, they didn't want to know, they want to view and test drive. 

1 hour ago, Lakeside said:

Do you know what, if the business is of the opinion that they can open, not read the warnings etc then who in there right mind would do business  with them ?

If they can't get the basic government guidance right, what exactly are they selling in regards to safety ? This is a couldn't care attitude ? Same with pdi ?

Hoping to hoover up other closed car dealerships sales ? SCABS !

Yes lakeside, should be closed non essential retail, only click collect.

And the customers Sat in these cars with there bollocks hanging out there shorts deserve everything they get !

Trouble is they're probably younger than me and get preferential treatment at hospital :(

1 hour ago, A & S said:

Definitely shouldn't be inviting customers to your showroom/forecourt. Surely with tailgates open they are doing exactly that. We have offered click and collect to 4 customers today, they didn't want to know, they want to view and test drive. 

Can't educate pork mate, let them go forth :)

4 hours ago, BHM said:

My experience with women leads me to believe she’ll be wanting something bigger :o

Loads of absolutely mental idiots emailing looking for; mega discounts / free delivery / assurances of no rust on 12yr old 4x4s / shit trade ins / alleged “trade deal mate” / cambelt? / service history details/ a life / a chat with a strange man / anal sex (possibly).

I don’t know what on Earth has happened these last few days. I’ve got a handful of cars but every loon, chancer, desperado, liar, bullshitter, big talker & gimp (probably wearing a rubber mask) has taken to the Internet. The last time I got so many non-enquiries was last Christmas Day when a £600 p/x BMW hit the Internet & every decent, respectful & hardworking Romanian in the country bombarded my email & FB account. Truly delightful :rolleyes:

I had one today that despite me explaining I’m shut and he went through the click and collect option, came and saw the car and picked it apart like he was looking at a nearly new car.  Had a pop at me because I said I should have got it cleaned for him, despite me explaining that the valeters are shut and I was meeting him specially and not going to the garage because of non essential journeys.  Really put my back up. Some people are acting like life is going on like normal.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, A & S said:

We have offered click and collect to 4 customers today, they didn't want to know, they want to view and test drive. 

The other side of the coin is do you blame them? I don’t & certainly wouldn’t trust many in this trade selling cars - those that aren’t barefaced liars usually couldn’t appraise a car accurately :lol:.

I see the trouble as being the government’s pisspoor direction - even the police say they don’t have a clue. I know, because I sold a car to a copper yesterday :ph34r:

Edited by BHM
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

The health protection regulations 2020

In force 5nov 2020 closed business 

Part 2

Section 26.

Showrooms and other premises, including  out door areas, used for the sale or hire of caravans boats, or  ANY VEHICLES which can be propelled by mechanical means and car washes.

Part 3

To remain open

Section 42

Taxi or vehicle hire business 

:ph34r:

Edited by have a word with the wife

On 11/7/2020 at 4:40 PM, have a word with the wife said:

Women, know your place ! :D

Seriously though had the same messers last week  messages to and fro etc, what they forget, and I know, is time is money, and I bet you were going in earlier, quick vac out, run up for five minutes, floormats shaken out, etc, your not alone :)

PLUS two hours getting the Kuga Idiot a DEAL on Mallard 's worm subterranean finance tier to which she was oh soooo pleased she could have it , what a waste of space . 

I say it and normally i stick to it , NO SUBRIME Deals , but every now and again i break my own rules :rolleyes: 

Oh well . be another one along soon