AJJ

V5 Question

I've just bought a car from auction and it said the V5 was to apply for. There are a few old V5s with the docs but nothing which is the most recent. Will I be able to sell this without a V5? How will the buyer tax the car without the V5C and 11 digit ref no?

Is there a way in which I can get a new V5 and how long does this take?

Thanks in advance.

I bought a car from BCA a few weeks ago and sold it with no v5, I wouldn't apply for a v5, it will add another registered owner to the car. May be you get away with using one if those old v5s, try taxing the car online just don't submit. Failing that print off and fill in v62 form  (online) take it to the post office where you will be able to tax car and apply for new v5  you will need to pay £25 for the application. Do it once you have sold the car so it goes in new owners name. Do Hpi or experian check and have that for the customer to prove it is all legitimate. 

Latest one I applied for took over 4 weeks. If you have green new keepers slip you can send that of with your v62 and don’t need to pay the £25 fee. Tick the box saying you have not received the logbook. Will be quicker than just the v62. 

Edited by Trading121

13 hours ago, Trading121 said:

Latest one I applied for took over 4 weeks. If you have green new keepers slip you can send that of with your v62 and don’t need to pay the £25 fee. Tick the box saying you have not received the logbook. Will be quicker than just the v62. 

Will the V5 not go to registered keeper? 

3 hours ago, Frank Cannon said:

If he does it at same time as the new keeper takes the car , the V5 goes to the new keeper . Address on V62 will be new keeper . Post office taxes it too and takes the docs to send to DVLA 

11 hours ago, Frank Cannon said:

No you will fill the new keepers details on the v62. 

But a new keeper on a V62 will incurr a fee, its not a replacement for a lost one in current keepers name.....or did I miss something here....which is possible of course:D

8 hours ago, Frank Cannon said:

But a new keeper on a V62 will incurr a fee, its not a replacement for a lost one in current keepers name.....or did I miss something here....which is possible of course:D

No fee with a new keeper V62 - as long as a green slip is with it.

3 hours ago, oldmarcus said:

No fee with a new keeper V62 - as long as a green slip is with it.

Well I never knew that, thanks Marcus, every day is a school day.