Sign in to follow this  
have a word with the wife

Lockdown stage 2

Had to come  ?

Help for none essential  retail ?

I have left this past week adverts run out and not renewing, I don't do deliveries unless they have viewed the car in person at my premises, stay safe everyone :)

Off to get me hair cut, the little I have got left :P

Its not Joe Public its the test & trace which has failed. In theory, this is the solution:

1. Get the baseline cases down to a low enough level so that test & trace works properly
2. Aggressively track the new cases (via test & trace) so that restrictions are very localised and targeted, leaving the rest of the country in relative normality

The system hasn't worked though, so the restrictions were great swathes of the country rather than being focused and localised. 11 days to get a test result back is useless. They were hoping and crossing their fingers but in the meantime its gone up and up again (viruses do that....) so another harsh national lockdown is needed sooner or later. May as well be sooner so there's a glimmer of hope that Xmas isn't affected, because if it runs into Xmas about 0.05% of people would actually comply with a "don't meet in households" restriction.

• Thanks 1

Really it all boils down to the virus doesn't have any obvious symptoms for many so, many don't take it seriously, it's more an inconvenience to their daily lives. 

If it simply caused a couple of large pussy warts to appear on the end of ones nose with ZERO other health effects, I would put my pension on the fact that things would so very different.

....social distancing would be taken seriously rather than mingers breathing down my neck at supermarkets et al, no house parties, no public demos, no piss ups at the pubs, the feral mask less would be a rarity, people would actually wash their hands (fuck me a lot don't even after a visit to the bog) etc. 

And I guess more would sign up to TNT as opposed to a minority that have at the moment. 

6 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

Even car washes to close this time :P

Unless Boris made the announcement in various Eastern European languages they won’t be aware.

4 hours ago, BHM said:

Unless Boris made the announcement in various Eastern European languages they won’t be aware.

:D

Busy day today :rolleyes:

Run all stock up for half hour

All stock washed and aqua applied

All important paperwork took home

Check stop taps work

Cctv double checked

Oiled padlocks

Batteries  disconnected  on "safe" cars

Drain compressor

Took me transporter for last blast washed and put in storage

Will we be back before Xmas? 

20 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

Busy day today :rolleyes:

Run all stock up for half hour

All stock washed and aqua applied

All important paperwork took home

Check stop taps work

Cctv double checked

Oiled padlocks

Batteries  disconnected  on "safe" cars

Drain compressor

Took me transporter for last blast washed and put in storage

Will we be back before Xmas? 

Don’t know about you but I’m back in tomorrow.

lockdown starts Thursday!

Main agents around here will still be open, workshops as normal, sales for click and collect.....can't see much changing to be honest. 

MOT stations open too. 

Only go to work if can't work at home

Sort of a 'dry' plastic lockdown then. :D

• Like 2