Sign in to follow this  
davidlkl

Exporting

Hi,

I've exported a car to a customer in Singapore and was about to mail in the v5c/4 to DVLA, but was told 2 different advices by DVLA webchat.

Advisor #1 told me to mail in the v5c export section

Advisor #2 told me to mail the entire v5c to the customer in Singapore, and that I should only mail in the v5c/4 if I am going to be the person registering the vehicle in Singapore (i.e moving to Singapore with the car)

Not sure if it matters, but I am going to claim the VAT since it is a VAT Qualifying car from BCA. Both insisted that they were right, any idea what is the correct process?

Its permanent export isn't it , Ive always sent the export notice in to DVLA . 

Customer wants V5 and V5 c2 , you send Export notice to DVLA to say its leaving the country .

Right or not its never been an issue , but that only to France and Southern Ireland mind , Should be same though I would have thought .

Advisor 1 is my vote 

Customer said they need a document for proof of deregistration in the UK, I called up DVLA but they told me there are no official deregistration papers. What constitutes to a proof of deregistration in the UK since DVLA no longer sends out certificate of permanent export?

Send off the export slip to DVLA. Give the customer the full V5

If the car is in your name DVLA will post you acknowledgement which would count as deregistration as its probably not they wont. There is no official UK De-registration like there is in other countries but it will show as exported on HPI.

Customer should only need V5, Invoice and Bill of Lading from the shipper. Been a while since I sent anything to Singapore but cant imagine its changed.

From what I understand DVLA no longer sends acknowledgment of permanent export, or am I missing something here?

21 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Its permanent export isn't it , Ive always sent the export notice in to DVLA . 

Customer wants V5 and V5 c2 , you send Export notice to DVLA to say its leaving the country .

Right or not its never been an issue , but that only to France and Southern Ireland mind , Should be same though I would have thought .

Advisor 1 is my vote 

^^^^^^

This

if its a brand new car (ie unregistered), how have you got a v5?

I bought it and registered it to my name, since it doesn't matter how many registered keeper it has when it's exported. As long as it arrives in Singapore within 3 months of registration date